PBJ AI-001 compared to 45rpm Jomon

john11f

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You get busy being an adult for a year and you come back and find the world has continued to move forward and you've just been standindg still. W_W and RR, help me out.

Guess who's keeping himself busy finding out the best way to crease his denim?

"If you want to play with creases and startch- which will not hurt your denim- you can create the crease, wrinkle, fold, or whatever you want to create on the denim, hold it in place with a clothes..."

• 4 weeks later...

i just bought the jomons the other day an tried on the natural indigo pure blues, the difference for me was simple - fit.

if i could have gotten the pure blues i would have gotten them and saved the 200, but unfortunately a 30 in the pures was thin in teh seat and waist and was too tight, the next size up the 32 was too large, i then went to 45 rpm and tried on the 30 jomons and they were tailor made for me off the peg only had to the lenght taken up whick they did right tehre, great customer service.. if the pures had fit perfectly like the jamons i wouldn't have gotten the jamons, i was looking fo rthe natural indigo first and foremost and both applied,

Just curious, because my PBJ are pretty tight in the thigh. Everyone kinda refers to them as a loose cut, so I assumed that meant that the Jomon and Umii were impossible for me. Sounds like there's still a chance though. Good news :)

The umii's are a little looser in the thighs than the Jomons. PG2G - what's the thigh measurement on your PBJ's? I don't have the exact measurements of my Jomons right now, but I think they're like 12.25 inches across (for a size 31 waist).

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

ai0011223061ng8.th.jpg

This is what the wear is looking like, its more pronounced on the left leg cuz I tend to bend (and rub occasionally) it a lot when driving. You can see that its smoothed out compared to the upper thigh and lower leg, and has turned a sort of greyish color.

ai0011223062jx0.th.jpg

They've actually been thru 2 soaks, one with soap. No noticeable color loss.

Jomons may be my next pair though, depending on how the whole natural indigo deal works out. I don't know if anyone's ever posted REALLY nice fading with a pair of naturals.

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw this posted on BiG today.

"On a side note we learned that the Ai-001 is indeed 18.5 ounce denim

and dyed with natural indigo from the Tokushima prefecture of Japan."

They were originally listed as 14.5 oz. They are pretty close to those new Oni's, in denim weight at least.

"I don't know if anyone's ever posted REALLY nice fading with a pair of naturals"

It appears so, but I'm confused as to the status of the Okinawas. I was under the impression that they too are natural indigo ("made from indigo dye indigenous to Okinawa etc blah blah"). They have faded beautifully for me and apparently for others as well. Are they truly "natural"? Because I find they are the only exception. All my other natural dyes are impossible to fade, from my Nudie Veg to my own AI 001 (which has like no fading as others have reported here -- but I'm in no rush with these, these will be a life long process for me if it comes to that, I think they're beautiful)