electro music

hi

apology's if this is in the wrong section but im fairly new to the electro scene and i was wondering if anyone out there has any suggestions as who i should check out.

i love the likes of felix da housecat, miss kitten, channel compilations, super discount compilations, errol alkan, bugged out, ivan smagghe, blackstrobe etc

any suggestions would be most appreciated

HIP HOP SLUTERATTI AND THE STYLE ELITE

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So many sub categories of electro, here's my list of diff kinds from dark to more pop: Alter Ego, Barbara Morgenstern, Elkland, Namosh, Hot Chip, Adult. Lo Fi Fnk., Presets, Robots in Disguise

if I was at my computer I would be able to offer some more. Check out Booka Shade, Vitalic, the new ELLEN ALLIEN & APPARAT and maybe Misc. I have a weird preference in the genre.

Edited by jstockton858 on Jun 15, 2006 at 11:36 AM

this man has it down.

Definitely ellen allien & apparat. the lil details in the backdrop is simply amazing. the album is Orchestra of Bubbles

Ellen Allien is quality, she's releasing a couple split eps with Matthew Dear next.

Ricardo, Luciano, Hawtin, etc are great artists.. but are most defintely NOT electro..

On a side note.. anyone going to be in Berlin around the time of the love parade?

Dont know if its very fitting to call it electro but you should check out the Ed Banger label and the whole french scene.. justice/oizo/uffie and all that.. its mega hyped but whatever..

COSIGN.

It's mega hyped because it DESERVES IT.

Also check out INSTITUBES!! PARA-ONE, SURKIN, ETC....

http://www.institubes.com/

Oh and since I am listening to it right now I will recommend Mylo - Destroy Rock and Roll and Royksopp!

lol more good taste.

Royksopp's eple and 49 percent. genius.

Mylo is just one of those rare electro albums that you can run right through happily.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...