Bargain Ts for old punks - original velvets, Iggy, Lou

Paul T

Clearout time. I have no idea what these are all worth, perhaps a fortune, more likely nothing, but I need some space.

These are all original tour T shirts from the 80s and 90s, plus a lovely, camp Pierre et Giles. £5 each, £12 the lot. If you're a fan, this is a great way to pretend you were present at these historic shows.

velvets reunion tour

This is from the Velvets reunion tour of 1993. Lou Reed behaved like an asshole and played a guitar that looked like a lollipop. But John Cale was super-cool in a black floppy fringe, singing a magnificent version of All Tomorrows' Parties, while Sterling Morrison brandished a black Fender Jag and looked terrified throughout. Bless. Mo Tucker contributed storming, stomping toms on Ocean - then spoiled it all by joining the Tea Party movement. Oh well. Celebrate all this history for £10. Or did I say £5? Hmmm.

Chest size is around 39 inches.

velvets1.jpg

velvets2.jpg

velvets3.jpg

velvets4.jpg

Iggy Pop Blah Blah Blah tour

Poor old Iggy. He'd become a mean drunk, was losing his voice, stamped on a girl's head and made her nearly bite her tongue off. Then he had some sort off voodoo curse inflicted on him in Haiti. Fortunately David Bowie recorded China Girl, bringing him in some money, then produced Blah Blah Blah - finally, his first hit. So this was the first tour in years where Iggy was pretty much sober, with a band that included some of Bowie's Live Aid crew. Finally, Iggy was no longer a failure. Hurrah. celebrate his return from voodoo oblivion with this original tour T. A fiver. Or did I say a tenner? Not sure.

Chest size is circa 36 inches

iggy1.jpg

iggy2.jpg

iggy4.jpg

Lou Reed New Sensations Tour T

Good ol' Lou. Did I mention him being an asshole? But this was actually a shit-hot tour, with Robert Quine, ex Voidoid and the hottest NYC guitarist alongside Tom Verlaine, drummer Fred Maher and the sublime bassist Fernando Saunders. Their version of Waves Of Fear was storming. Relive those shivers down yer spine with this T. £100. Ok, maybe less.

chest size circa 35 inches

Lou1.jpg

Lou2.jpg

lou3.jpg

Pierre et Giles

Anyone here remember the Berlin Wall, or is that just me? There we all were, living in fear of Armageddon, or reading Chairman Mao, then Ronnie Reagan smashed down the wall single handed without the aid of any stuntmen. But for some reason those camp, airbrushed designers Pierre et Giles decided to celebrate the luminous beautify of the Soviet war machine with this T. Did david LaChapelle base his style on their kitsch concoctions? Ponder this profound question while wearing this t. A fiver.

Chest size circa 38-40 inches.

pierreetGiles.jpg

PG2.jpg

preference given to people who take the lot or who pretend to find my attempted jokes funny.

Tuesday afternoon (was that an Eno track;)?)

just bumpin'...good to hear Quine and think about the Velvets again...Sterling Morrison always seems sadly underrated to me...'69.. etc.

I must be an old git punk ..I remember the Lou Reed tours from the early/mid 70s...sort of vaguely...