College Appeal Letter

lsinner

So I got like a week or so to write my appeal letter for my rejection to USC. My GPA's in college were 3.1, 3.4, 3.7 (3 quarters). Comes out to a 3.31 ish average. Anyone know what would be a good thing to write in an appeal letter? What they look for and what they'd want to see?

Do appeal letters even work for rejections?

I thought the whole point of sending appeal letters is to get your ass off of a waiting list.

You can always do well in the first year of college and transfer into USC or whatever.

Why do you want to go to USC? If you can identify the exact reason and explain why they should reconsider you.

I've also read about weird success stories. People go to the university campus where they got rejected from and stand around with banners with corny ass lines like "I got rejected but I love XYZ college and wanna come here!!!111!"

I think it's difficult to get in on appeals through academic merit alone. One of my friends who got it in through appeals discussed how certain semester performances were hurt due to his parents divorce. Although this didn't really affect him, he wrote some bs story of emotional damage and got in. I don't suggest doing this, but that's probably more along the lines of what they want.

stay at a state school for undergrad; if you have the grades/the school has a good program in your field, then go private for grad school. if you arent getting paid to go to school then youre doing it wrong (with the exception of professional degrees)

I'm at UCD right now. And I heard they look at upward trends and have heard of some people who've gotten in with low 3.xx's. Sounds bleak, but I just want to try anyways.

ucsd represent.

if you're looking at grad school, probably best to a) either get some serious industry experience, or B) try and work in a research lab for a few years.

take this to pm if needed, but an appeal for grad school is not going to happen, especially with the glut of people going to md/phd/ms programs since the economic downturn of '08.

let me guess - you're a premed.

edit: also quotin' dis

yeah I surprised myself too. I just pull it up and wear it higher but my balls can't breathe at all. and although i sized down 6 the actual measurements is only down 4.

I am thinking of getting some 27 NS or maybe PS. I'm not sure how the PS fits so I am skeptical/nervous. Will do more research

hahahahhaaha

@Just Another XY, Well right now I'm actually going for undergrad. It's only been my first year on campus. Didnd't really used to care about what college I go too but after thinking it over and having some good talks I decided that I want to go to USC over the other business schools. Haas excluded, I just can't compete there. And no applying as a Marshall applican't (business, which is pretty competitive there lol...)

And yeah, I actually got those cause I tried them on and they surprisingly buttoned up and I remember reading about how some people can't even button up their jeans on first time. A mistake though.. just like ordering my other N&F online which ended up too tight.

oops i thought you said ucsd.

if youre just doing intercampus transfer, I think 3.31 is low, but if you can raise it before your second year, that's when most people transfer.

It's doable, a buddy of mine jumped ship from UCSD > USC after his second year. 3.5+ is probably your best option.