How hard is it to get BAPE and BBC accounts?

Nomadic

Quote:

bape doesn't distribute to retailers other then busywork shops.

BBC I don't think would be that hard as long as you qaulified as a speciality botique...

--- Original message by baskew on Jun 14, 2006 01:47 PM

Commonwealth in Virginia and Union in LA stock Bape.

I think Huf in San Fran might have the occasional Bape gear, as well.

both are pretty much impossible to get.

it's one of those things like "if you have to ask, you're not getting an account"

even the most exclusive boutiques won't get an account with either BAPE or BBC.

not for now at least, i'm hearing from people that bape might start opening up accounts in the next year or so. we'll see..

for now my store just sells all the bape shoes but they're marked up from retail.

that's as close are you're gonna get if you're in the bay area..

www.turfsm.com Turf Shoes

Guest Montreal

A lot of stores have opted to turn down the offer of a BBC/Ice Cream account simply because even at wholesale, a lot of these products are not moving. I can't think of a single store manager that would want to drop $10,000 in BBC/Ice Cream inventory if the chances of even recouping this $10,000 is minimal. Mind you, this only applies to certain regions.

Quote:
Quote:

They're arseholes to deal with as well.

--- Original message by whizz on Jun 14, 2006 02:06 PM

BAPE, BBC, Icecream or all of them?

--- Original message by Nomadic on Jun 14, 2006 02:38 PM

its all the same company. and yes, all of them. basically this is how it works...bape says you should consider yourself graced by god for them to allow their merchandise in your store. they then proceed to send to random bits and pieces of product, in no sort of order (3 sizes of this shoe, 2 xls in that hoodie, etc) to you and expect you to be bowing down to them. you get some of the stuff people like, some of the shit, and prices are way too high for everyone. its a good gig.

BALDERDASH.

Quote:

Can I ask why you would actually want a BBC account? Bape's ok but both are incredibly overpriced and bring what I consider the wrong clientele to the table.

--- Original message by whizz on Jun 15, 2006 09:58 AM

I actually was just curious how hard they were making it to get accounts. I agree with the overpriced, too big of a risk, point of view. Unless I lived in one of the fashion hotspots I wouldnt take the risk.

:: Damon ::

^ 350 pounds ....I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about.

A bape account is impossible to get plain and simple, any shop that says they are getting a bape account is bullshitting you unless they are Collette or Union. The only ways shops sell bape is because they are reselling them at a markup above retail plain and simple.

A bbc account is a harder account to get but in no way is it impossible. Distribution for bbc/icecream is completely different and seperate from Bathing ape. They actually have quite a few accounts throughout the US and even have a couple of accounts in Canada. You still need to have a dope shop to get a bbc/ice cream account though you can't be no newb kid on the block.

im suprised there not completely stale already.. i guess on the mainstream market peeps probably thinks its the hottest thing since sliced meat, but damn.. anyone whos into anything fresh and new must be seriously sick and tired of that shit by now.

WACKKKNESS

rather smoke some CRACK [...NESSS]

Quote:

^ 350 pounds ....I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about.

A bape account is impossible to get plain and simple, any shop that says they are getting a bape account is bullshitting you unless they are Collette or Union. The only ways shops sell bape is because they are reselling them at a markup above retail plain and simple.

A bbc account is a harder account to get but in no way is it impossible. Distribution for bbc/icecream is completely different and seperate from Bathing ape. They actually have quite a few accounts throughout the US and even have a couple of accounts in Canada. You still need to have a dope shop to get a bbc/ice cream account though you can't be no newb kid on the block.

--- Original message by flex1 on Jun 17, 2006 05:23 PM

im not saying the accounts are the same, just that theyre under the same ownership.

and i am fully aware of the bape resellers in retail...$500 for hoodies and $350 for shoes seems to be a bit outrageous to me.

BALDERDASH.

Guest Fade to Black

I don't even know why anyone would WANT a Bape/BBC account...in the U.S. it's like fresh meat but elsewhere it's become so stale. The only people still wearing/lining up to buy that shit, at least here in Hong Kong, are mostly tools. BBC/Ice Cream seems like it's tanking big time, doesn't seem like a profitable investment to me if you're a recent start-up boutique, just my 2 cents.