German Army Sneakers

lsinner

img2956g.jpg

mmmak.jpg

I've fallen in love with these sneakers, but really don't want ot spend that 400$ for the Dior or Margiella ones. Just wanted to know if anyone has some info on where I could get some generic brand ones in the US for under $70 preferably..

Los Angeles area to be even more specific.

white ones: bundeswehr sportschuhe / bw sport

http://cgi.ebay.de/BW-Sportschuhe-Hallenschuhe-Turnschuhe-Bundeswehr-NEU-/260637808956?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Kleidung_Accessoires_Schuhe_Herrenschuhe&var=&hash=item826335098f

black ones u can get off yahoo co jp for $100 proxied n shipped.. forget the seller but he sells all this army surplus shit.

Because I feel 90$ for a generic brand is not worth it at all. $70 is already pushing it for me. I can always get some Nike SB's for that price that would pretty top notch quality. I'm actually looking to spend 50 and if anything 70 at the most and I mean at the most.

if that's your reason for holding out then you're doing it wrong.

might as well just buy some fuckking sambas.

btw while were on the topic of GATs has anybody ever owned both margiela and the real gats? Side by side comparison would be cool.

Because I feel 90$ for a generic brand is not worth it at all. $70 is already pushing it for me. I can always get some Nike SB's for that price that would pretty top notch quality. I'm actually looking to spend 50 and if anything 70 at the most and I mean at the most.

hello,

why are you on superfuture then?

sincerely yours,

the internet

Woww so much hate. But I joined Superfuture mainly for the Naked and Famous and Nudie discussions. The stuff thats around ~$100.

Just thought I'd throw this question out there and ask.. But yeah I think I will check some secondhand stores and look around first. Maybe do a little more research, but I am pretty sure I won't be spending anywhere close to $100. If anything I can always pass it up.

btw while were on the topic of GATs has anybody ever owned both margiela and the real gats? Side by side comparison would be cool.

i have a pair of bundeswehr issue GATs and a pair of adidas handball shoes (kinda like the samba but a different sole and some other minor details)

the handball shoes (handball is a very popular sport in germany) cost me 80€ and the GATs 25€ or so. the adidas are not only better made but also far more comfortable. the sole is way softer and the leather upper is so much more supple and soft. the 2 shoes don't even compare.

so if you look at a pair of MMM they should be lightyears ahead in comfort and stability

depending on how slow canada post is ill show you in a week or so. ive owned both (just not at the same time) but i have a new pair of margielas comin in

i own a pair of mmm and a pair of gats isolated_hero is proxy servicing. 2 major differences are the tongue and the insole padding. the mmm tongue is slightly padded and a little more comforting being made out of leather. the insole is a little more cushioning with the generic gats. both have a really snug fit. mmm are a little slimmer and lower profile aesthetic wise. the generic one is actually really good for 90 bucks. i was pleasantly surprised, and i'd imagine most people who bought a pair were as well.

what goes around comes around had em ($80ish) for a while at their old spot. theyre right across american rag nao

i own a pair of mmm and a pair of gats isolated_hero is proxy servicing. 2 major differences are the tongue and the insole padding. the mmm tongue is slightly padded and a little more comforting being made out of leather. the insole is a little more cushioning with the generic gats. both have a really snug fit. mmm are a little slimmer and lower profile aesthetic wise. the generic one is actually really good for 90 bucks. i was pleasantly surprised, and i'd imagine most people who bought a pair were as well.

OIOsa.jpg

swooc pretty much hit it...

. tongue padding

. materials

. leather insole

. slimmer profile

another contributing factor to the "margiela" GAT look is the laces too. if you could find beige fat laces to throw onto normal GATs they'd look pretty decent. im just using vans authentic laces cause i hate the fusilli laces BW sport gives you

• 4 years later...