Best Plain Cotton Tees?

I have a few of their plain white crew necks and a tank. They're super comfortable and cut pretty good. I kinda wish they were a bit longer, but at 6'4" I kinda wish most t-shirts were a bit longer. I want to get a bunch of grey ones next, but I don't have access to free ones of those, so....

I have a few of their plain white crew necks and a tank. They're super comfortable and cut pretty good. I kinda wish they were a bit longer, but at 6'4" I kinda wish most t-shirts were a bit longer. I want to get a bunch of grey ones next, but I don't have access to free ones of those, so....

i also have one of their tanks and the quality is dope. however, i'm 5'6" and i have the feeling that JE+Co was meant more towards the taller community (at least with their u-neck T's and tanks). i really like their u-necks but i can only imagine how weird it would look on me seeing that they're 2" longer than the regular crewneck T's.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

After googling for white Tshirts (preferable premium quality) I came across a brand/label called Standardcotton

Cannot find any information here on Supertalk about them, so anyone has bought one of those tees?
They say "Made in Austria" and the fabric & workmanship seems really unique.... Supima cotton,  E44 knitted? , different back lengths, etc...
But I guess its a fairly new brand. Any recommendations/advice?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Thought i'd post my thoughts here. Picked up a couple of the Mercer T-shirts from JE&CO. Love the fit on them and quality seems solid. Yet to be proven with multiple washes tho. Neckline is just big enough and the length is great for that layered look. For reference I am 6'1 and about 180 lbs. 41" chest. Large fits great. Ordered their black villian hoodie and wasn't impressed with the quality/fit. Not sure about their new Loopwheeled stuff from Japan.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
**please delete if not appropriate**

Have made some t-shirts in Los Angeles that I hope may appeal. Always searching for the perfect t-shirt but never found it hence making my own. 

Custom cut, pantone dyed to specification, super soft. Humble beginnings for now but more to come in the next few months with the addition of some more colours and long-sleeves. 

Brand is called Thomas John

The website has just gone live:

Social media:

Instagram - @thomasjohnco

Tiwtter - @thomasjohnco

More than happy to answer any questions you may have. 

Few images:

16105320793_1ac196f4f8.jpg

16519287737_8a940a4c11.jpg

16724197372_e87fd5a45a.jpg

16724197342_07387fe4cf.jpg

Edited by tomhunt

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

uniqlo henley t-shirts have the smaller ribbing, as do visvim ultimate tee sea island cotton. a couple other brands, namely that do cut and sew in france have the slimmer necklines. possible that what you are looking for is sewn fabric in place of ribbing?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone got a comparable goto T shirt similar to T by wang? Good material, drape, neckline but not with the hype pricetag? 

this is kind of what i wonder too. i like the way these tees fit--the biggest thing is trying to find t's that fit slim-ish but don't have little-baby sleeves like a lot of tee shirts do. Right now I just wear uniqlo, but the sleeves are still a little on the short side.

I wouldnt call it my goto, but its the one shirt i have that hasnt fallen apart or shrank that fits me well, has a nice drape and is buttery soft.

Pretty sure its this pima cotton one. 

I actually got some of the pacsun reign + storm (john elliot knockoff house brand) on sale for 50% and for a 20$ shirt theyve held up well. Slimmer, decent length sleeves, and a couple options on length/neckline. 

Edited by EG562

• 1 month later...

This will sound funny... 

Bought a bunch of ¥980 T's at UT when it opened (April 2007).

Super soft cotton. This one is totally destroyed but still wear it at home...

Too bad the store closed in 2012, I liked the T's in tubes.

UT_Harajuku_Tee_mgdr.net.jpg

• 4 months later...

i'm wondering if the australian uniqlos are receiving a mixture of both US/UK and JP sized stock - i have a bunch of striped supima tees which fit more than a size smaller than the plain coloured (non-striped) equivalent, even though the online measurements are the same. has anyone else experienced this?