Best Plain Cotton Tees?

Can anyone say whether Muji tees are short in the body? Any experiences with the tees sold in the US?

If you can save me a drive to the Muji store in downtown San Jose I would be very grateful. They have a nice looking L/S u-neck tee online FWIW

I find tees from Everlane, Uniqlo tend to be short for me in size medium especially overtime through wash and dry. Curious whether I should go with size large in Muji knowing that. 

Edited by gettoasty

If your balling go with brooks brothers

If you want medium cost go with calvin klien

If you want low cost go with Kirkland (skinny long fit)

Ive only tried the last of those three and kirklands perfect for me but from what I've heard the rest are good, also AAA and american apparel. 

yeah hanes are really strange in this way. they are great for about two washes but then go to complete unwearable shit - even in comparison to other cheap tees i've never had a garment decline so much in such a short amount of time.

True.  I hate hans tees, i have allot too, same problem with fruit of the loom. They yellow easy too, my kirklands are still very white and don't yellow

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone say whether Muji tees are short in the body? Any experiences with the tees sold in the US?

If you can save me a drive to the Muji store in downtown San Jose I would be very grateful. They have a nice looking L/S u-neck tee online FWIW

I find tees from Everlane, Uniqlo tend to be short for me in size medium especially overtime through wash and dry. Curious whether I should go with size large in Muji knowing that. 

I've tried one of the Muji tees packed in a cube shrink-wrap in NYC in medium. it's been through a few washes now, and at 6'1" I find it too short

Thank you for sharing ^

FWIW I tried the u-neck L/S tees from Muji. Fit well, a bit wide but I do not mind for layering purposes. I can imagine them shrinking overtime. However, I did order like 10 more from the online store. At 5'9 I think the length is fine, and hopefully will not shrink more than 2". FWIW I sized up to a large and the length is about 27"

• 5 weeks later...

tempted to bundle some uniqlo tees but they are like SUPER cheap! What is the quality of the tee like? They don't fall to bits after one wash do they?

i only wear the tshirts that come from the shrink wrap package kinda thing. it costs like 5 dollars, and its amazing. The regular ones are good too but it fits small/short on me, even in a Large. But the quality is good, holds up well. 

• 2 months later...

Head-to-Toe-Costco-650x366.png

just messing around. Jockey makes some Slim undershirts. Hanes Premium does to. You can get them at Target. I had been buying the hanes premium v-necks in a size down and just not throwing them in the dryer. They were surprisingly long.

But I think I'm gonna have to bit the bullet and buy a 3 pack of AA Summer Shirt. They're very slim and long, good for layering underneath

Edited by twistedtrees

t by alexander wang is awesome. nice length, great neckline, fabric feels better than any other t i've worn. i've washed it a couple times now, still retains shape fine as long as you dry flat. some strange fabric shifting happening in the cuffs but i don't particularly mind.

they are pricy, and i'm still hesitant to just throw one on unless the outfit calls for it. but i'm sure this will wear off after a couple more washes 

Do WTAPS or NBHD  sell their shirts with no graphic? I love the thick build and fit of them and how they last forever, but it would be dope to get the same thing with no branding for a bit cheaper.
Any recommendations on similar tees made in japan or america?

They are really short on me (5,11), almost cropped

Do WTAPS or NBHD  sell their shirts with no graphic? I love the thick build and fit of them and how they last forever, but it would be dope to get the same thing with no branding for a bit cheaper.

Wtaps releases their skivvies every season, and NBHD sells blank NBHD tees as well. But.. Usually they're a tad thinner than their regular shirts.

Usually there's lots of JP brands that have thick n everlasting tees

Samurai, Studio d'artisan, Warehouse co, etc you should check Blueingreensoho if you looking for thick tees, but not particular cheap.

Edited by slope

• 7 months later...