Best Plain Cotton Tees?

Lots of good suggestions here. I primarily wear James Perse. Super soft and highly breathable. I have a few Uniqlo pima cotton, but I don't think the breathability is that good. Jungmaven that someone mentioned a while back here are actually very nice. Yes, they are 60 % hemp viscose, but they are still highly breathable and extremely soft. Sleeves might be a bit long and the fit might not be perfect, but it's a good option. Our Legacy perfect tee are nice as well.

Tees are a matter of taste though. I have some White Mountaineering, Visvim and Givenchy tees, and although they are crazy expensive and of very high quality ELS cotton they often use heavyweight cotton fabrics which is not my favourite.

I travelled through Asia for 4 months last year backpacking so needed some throw away tees. I hit up Uniqlo my first week and picked up 3 Whites and 2 Blacks. Used em the whole trip (apart from when some a korean hot pot exploded all over one and I had to throw it out) They haven't lost their shape 11 months later. I think I paid like $10 bucks each? For that price you can't go wrong for a plain cotton tee. Highly recommended if you got Uniqlo in ur town.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

adding to the love for sifr. got one of their beanstalks about two months ago and i love the fabric and fit. the fabric is very thin, so i was worried about shape retention, but after maybe 12 washings it still pretty much fits like day one. would love to have a heavier cotton version for cold weather use.

my plain tees uniform

539652_10150657500843499_548152397_n.jpg

plain tees from uniqlo, hanes, sifr

Uniqlo

Pro : cheap, fit decently, lots of choice of material, soft touch cotton is the best among all imo.

Con : fur ball

Hanes

Pro : thick

Con : fit rather loose on me and pretty warm for humid weather

Sifr

Pro : thin but retain shape well, nice fit

Con : sleeves seem too short ( armpit hair will be exposure upon raising arm =x )

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking for a tight, light weight undershirt that hugs the body (like underarmor, but without the $40 price tag). v-neck preferred

the heat tech shirts from uniqlo are at a nice price point, and fit around the chest well, but the sleeves aren't form fitting like the rest of the shirt.

any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Muji sells packs of 2 and 3 of White or Black Tees, Fit is good (on the smaller side, thank you Japan), soft, only complaint is they could be a little thicker but otherwise its the best I've found for the money.

muji tees are great. got the 3 pack white tees. sized up to XL bagginess

i personally don't like it when tees are too thick... i prefer lightness and breathability

the thing about thin/light tees like hanes and muji is that they wrinkle easily...

but whatever, they're intended to be undershirts anyway.

however, the sunspel shirt i have is thin, yet doesn't wrinkle as easily. i don't know why.

i have this thom browne pocket tee shirt i absolutely love... perfect 50s fit (boxy and short)

too bad he doesn't make packs of plain whites.

anyone have the w)taps skivvies tee packs???

Been wearing the kirkland tees for about 2 years now,I buy a new pack in every color every other season. They're heavyweight, long enough for tall guy's (im 6'4) and don't tent out on the sleeves, and break in pretty nicely.

If i could find a bunch of deadstock Gildan heavyweight 50/50's i'd be in heaven, those were the shit

anyone have recommendations for t-shirts that fit like uniqlo normal cotton ones? i'm talking about the ones with the thin cotton that i've only seen sold in the u.s. (not the same as the thicker cotton ones sold in europe). uniqlo doesn't stock these and i want a similar t-shirt in olive and off-white/ecru