Best Plain Cotton Tees?

'One time I want to come through the sleeve.' Damn they must be some really good t-shirts. Google translate cracks me up all the time.

i like jcrew personally b/c it fits me the best, slightly long and sleeves are shorter and fitting than most tees. quality is decent, doesnt fall apart after numerous wash/drying.

This isn't exactly true.

Just sayin'.

Sorry,

I mean the heather that we work with is usually weaved from heather yarn that has been blended with TC, CVC or Poly. Two different yarns to create the heather yarn. Then weaved on the loom. That's why it shrinks a little more for us.

However, there are some that are 100% cotton. I rarely see these but they are around. Cost is an issue here. I'm not sure if these shrink just as much but I don't think they would right?

Sorry,

I mean the heather that we work with is usually weaved from heather yarn that has been blended with TC, CVC or Poly. Two different yarns to create the heather yarn. Then weaved on the loom. That's why it shrinks a little more for us.

However, there are some that are 100% cotton. I rarely see these but they are around. Cost is an issue here. I'm not sure if these shrink just as much but I don't think they would right?

Different fabrics yield different results I guess but In my experience 100% cotton jersey shrinks more than blends whether it be melange or not, which is generally accepted to be the norm.

I just got some Velva Sheen t-shirts the other day and I like the fit on them quite a bit. It fits gives me enough room in the shoulder but is still not loose on my chest, which I often find troublesome. It was $60 for a two-pack in oatmeal, though I would have preferred a mix of colors they didn't offer it at the store. The packaging seems to suggest a vintage style but honestly it simply feels like a nice, quality fitting tee. They're 1% polyester.

I've also gotten the J. Crew 'jaspé' t-shirt and i like it, but it's a bit looser in my chest than I'd prefer.

Another brand worth checking out is Farm Tactics. I bought two of their slub knit tees a while back. Unfortunately, I got a medium and don't like how short the shoulder seems seems to be so I don't wear them that often. But they're super slubby and kind of drape over your body. They're quite soft and a very slight bit see through (others probably won't notice but if you look hard you might). Farm Tactics is from what I can tell a "workwear" brand, but these shirts might appeal a lot more for people who prefer a different aesthetic.

• 3 months later...