how many people here are involved in medicine?

isdenn

i guess by saying 'a lot' i mean 'more than none' since other messageboards that i have spent time reading are more on the 'none' side of things, whereas there is a thread asking about wearing jeans below scrubs on the first page of threads...and at other times ive seen people mention in passing being in residency, internship, med school etc

Quote:

ozric good luck with that...what kind of residency are you aiming for? (and where if you feel like sharing)

sybaritical what kind of alternative med do you practice?

--- Original message by isdenn on Jun 13, 2006 06:12 PM

Internal medicine. Primary care is my interest. I am also very interested in mind-body approaches.

Ah, well not officially a med student yet. I'm graduating in 3 days from undergrad and applying this year. Heard application process is hell, but it'll be all worth it in the end. Congrats to all of you guys who've gone through this; i know the next 6 or so years of my life are going to be tough. It's weird having all of my friends out making money and living life while i'm going to remain a poor student for quite a while (no Pure Blue AI's hehe). Anyway enough of this procrastinating and back to cramming for my last undergrad final WOOOO!!

oh yeah, one more thing, i know i've got five more years until residency, but is it really as hard as everyone makes it out to be?

the app process is annoying but stay on top of things (and get shit done as early as you possibly can without sacrificing quality on your essay) and youll be fine. if you have any questions about the process or whatever else, or want feedback/crit on your essay let me know.

Quote:

the app process is annoying but stay on top of things (and get shit done as early as you possibly can without sacrificing quality on your essay) and youll be fine. if you have any questions about the process or whatever else, or want feedback/crit on your essay let me know.

--- Original message by isdenn on Jun 14, 2006 08:30 AM

applying for fall 2007, mcats this august...more for DO school though....wondering what my chances are....shit is hard.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtriggerkid

thanks for the offer isdenn, i'm working on my personal statement right now. When I finish i'll be sure to bother you about it.

Ahh shit poly800rock, I only want to apply to DO schools but the rents are pushing me to apply to the UC's (slim chance) and some east coast schools. I'm starting princeton review for the august MCAT too, the work never ends man. Maybe i'll see you and your pure blues around.

Quote:

thanks for the offer isdenn, i'm working on my personal statement right now. When I finish i'll be sure to bother you about it.

Ahh shit poly800rock, I only want to apply to DO schools but the rents are pushing me to apply to the UC's (slim chance) and some east coast schools. I'm starting princeton review for the august MCAT too, the work never ends man. Maybe i'll see you and your pure blues around.

--- Original message by crisis on Jun 14, 2006 03:06 PM

ha, maybe...might as well apply to UC schools if the MD tract is what you really want to do, DO tract is what i really want to do.

Quote:

nah man hehe, i've been wanting D.O. . I'm just applying to the UC's for my mom's sake. I really want to go to Touro-MI.

--- Original message by crisis on Jun 14, 2006 08:27 PM

I remember a while ago you posted you picked up the examkrakers books, are they better than what ever else you are using? i'm thinking about picking those up

Taking a two day break and starting MCAT studying on monday. i'm taking princeton review classes and using the examkrackers books at home to supplement. I've heard they're great from a lot of people on studentdoctor.net . If you don't get the whole study set, they say the examkrackers verbal reasoning book is great. So far they look good, colored with diagrams, and straight to the point. The books aren't really long, so it shouldn't be too hard to get through them. I picked them up at walmart.com for around $100, not sure if they're still on there.