1st World Problems

OkayOkay

Sometimes I go on shopping binges and buy from foreign websites like luisiaviaroma and rakuten. My fucking Chase Preferred Sapphire card thinks this is someone who has stolen my card and just shuts down my card without telling me. Twice now I've ended my binges at Barneys and right when I'm at the cashier in front of a long line is when I find out my card's been denied. Embarrassing.

Sometimes I go on shopping binges and buy from foreign websites like luisiaviaroma and rakuten. My fucking Chase Preferred Sapphire card thinks this is someone who has stolen my card and just shuts down my card without telling me. Twice now I've ended my binges at Barneys and right when I'm at the cashier in front of a long line is when I find out my card's been denied. Embarrassing.

Happens to me all the time. I called my bank recently and requested that my card never be shut down, but instead to have them call me or send an email.

a friend regurgitated some louis c.k. line about the first world problem of having to choose a language on the atm machine which got my wheels turning. what comes out of that atm machine and what has to be done to obtain it is probably the biggest, most damning problem of all time regardless if your floor is made of dirt or marble.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"Chargebacks" are a real problem.

I sold some dude something on Ebay like two months ago for $1200. The item was delivered, and the dude left me positive feedback. Cool, we're done, right? No, today I get an email saying that the buyer's credit card is issuing a "chargeback" because he decided he no longer liked the item... Paypal deducted $1200 from my bank account without my consent, and, as it turns out, is well within their right.

Anyway, for those of us that aren't privy to shitty ass piece of shit techniques, in America for some reason people can complain to their credit cards about merchandise that they purchased and can have a total refund.

I never got the item back, Paypal kept their fees, and I'm shit outta luck. If I had ever worked in retail I would have murdered people over this shit. I'm going straight up cash on Craigslist from now on.

*Edit- And I followed all of Paypal's "seller protection policies," right down to only shipping to "confirmed" addresses. I want him dead.

How is this even possible? eBay should cover this in its entirely due solely to how badly they rape us in seller fees.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

girlfriend wanted to buy me dinner after she got out of yoga so i met up with her outside the place.  already 10:30 when we get out.  walk to some mexican place but i got weird vibes idk so we just walk home cuz there's a mexi place across the street.  they fuck up my order and i can't eat it because i'm vegan so my gf feels bad so we go to some other place and then they fuck up my order too. so now it's midnight and i didn't get to eat anything and my girlfriend is in a weird mood

now there are 3 burritos in my fridge that i can't eat and my gf is gonna shame eat them to not be wasteful but they're gonna sit in the fridge for like 2 weeks probably.  i just wanted a burrito

I want to trade my 5 series BMW for a 944 Porsche but unless I get a Turbo version, the regular version gets pretty much the same performance and mileage...