question (probably for the ladies):

Is a 8cm heel height uncomfortable?

I'm thinking about buying these for my gal (in red, like the picture shows):

http://www.apc.fr/us/en/fiche_article.php?ref=4CVD0217079F&nextview=1

And I'm not sure if it's odd that the shape is somewhat ballet shoe-ish, yet they have a significant heel, and I'm not sure if red shoes are a no-no in general.

Any insight from the fashionable ladies here would be helpful. I think i'll cross post on TFS, I just feel bad about the fact that I've posted like once or twice there ever, and I'd be asking a question.

Red shoes are a yes! Always a yes for me. It's nice to wear red shoes with an all black or black & white outfit or even with jeans.

8cm is a little more than 3 inches. I have shoes with a 3 1/2 inch heel that are more comfortable than some of my shoes with a 2 inch heel. It really depends on the shoe. Round toed shoes are generally comfortable to walk in but she really won't know until she tries them on.

I think most women would be thrilled to receive shoes as a gift. You know her style and what she likes the most. If you do chose to buy them for her, make sure you can return them in case she doesn't like them.

8cm is not comfortable for me, but a lot depends on the arch height and foot width, generally narrow to thin, with a medium-high arch should be comphy in an 8 cm heel.

I have an extrememly high arch, and I start being comforable in about a 10 cm heel, to support my arch.

Masochism at it's finest.

Don't forget to buy your girl something SHE is going to want, not what you want her to want.....i.e. buy those shoes made by someone other than APC (certainly not a 'girls' brand) which are not ultra-high essentially uncomfortable "fuck me" heels.

Edited by englandmj7 on Jun 13, 2006 at 05:14 PM

Quote:

they look like sensible heels to me... pencil skirt, nice blouse, seam stockings ...and glasses... the hot secretary

apc did a cute bikini you should buy her that aswell

--- Original message by tg76 on Jun 13, 2006 05:21 PM

I might. We're going to Hawaii and she needs a new swimsuit.

England, since when is APC not a woman's brand? And 8cm isn't "fuck me" high, is it? Definitely don't want to give that impression

take a look at her existing shoe collection, does she own any that have similar heels?

those are cute, was i not a student - one that has little need to own items like this - i would get a pair.

Quote: England, since when is APC not a woman's brand? And 8cm isn't "fuck me" high, is it? Definitely don't want to give that impression

I know some women wear APC, he heh. All I am pointing out is that most of the people on this board are into APC because of the jeans they make, and although your girlfriend might know that you love the brand, it doesn't mean she wouldn't prefer some Jimmy Choo's, etc. icon_smile_tongue.gif

Only thing I know is that a girl could have a pair of shoes almost exactly like the one you want to buy her, and she still might not like it for some obscure/minute reason. My wife has to have a perfect fitting pair of heels otherwise she can't wear them for more than 5 minutes, so it is pretty risky buying them without her seeing/trying them on first.

Quote:
Quote: England, since when is APC not a woman's brand? And 8cm isn't "fuck me" high, is it? Definitely don't want to give that impression

I know some women wear APC, he heh. All I am pointing out is that most of the people on this board are into APC because of the jeans they make, and although your girlfriend might know that you love the brand, it doesn't mean she wouldn't prefer some Jimmy Choo's, etc. icon_smile_tongue.gif

Only thing I know is that a girl could have a pair of shoes almost exactly like the one you want to buy her, and she still might not like it for some obscure/minute reason. My wife has to have a perfect fitting pair of heels otherwise she can't wear them for more than 5 minutes, so it is pretty risky buying them without her seeing/trying them on first.

--- Original message by englandmj7 on Jun 14, 2006 08:42 AM

Yea I've definitely considered this. I'm gonna let her try some on first. I decided that these ones are a no-go. Im sure she'd like them, but at $150, it's no bargain..