the REAL hiphop thread

DüM

yeah, Rocky can get a little boring on some of his other tracks. Peso and Purple Swag are great, but most of the other songs I have are just okay. I feel like both songs got better after seeing the videos. In a good way if that makes sense though.

I need to check this new Young L tape out too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

young l tape is chill. mostly ~conscious minds~ type tracks. imogen heap everywhere

new juicy j vids. his director is kinda lame lol

RcO2z0n69Hc

43Xcupqn220

get up bitch

get up bitch

get up bitch

get up bitch

get up bitch

~~sonny digital~~ *sonny digital tag voice*

Mac MIller x A$AP crew. Beginning of the end??

AX5CjEqCMAAeC5m.jpg

SGP in dere too

man i wish theyd replace Mac with Riff Raff

And why is it crazy to see Juicy J here? :confused: lol

• 2 weeks later...

here's an interview from that day

0GJXvoYac5Q

Rocky is the most coherent of this whole wave of dudes. I'm pretty happy with this whole shit though and I'm glad mad people are fucking with it. Rocky's album could be really great.

Mishka is the best rap label out right now. wtf is that.

Weird coincidence, the only time I listened to Brown was a once over on the link DÃœM posted earlier. But I ran across his picture today and decided to see what he was about. I watched these two performances and decided he was dope.

5jRCHGZjegM

ZcGQqrGzVOU

I just listened to XXX and I the tittle track is an instant repeat and the rest of the album is really good too. It could easily with a few tweaks be an MF Doom album so its got that vibe. It took me a second to get used to his voice but now I dont think he would be as interesting without it.

Sup with dat Rocky + Spaceghostpurrp + Juicy J doe

moar fashun namedropping

crowd looks dead

i hate that shit

lol @ dude who stagedived..dude flew like raiden

(moshpit i guess)

what rap blogs do you guys fuck with?

and then I read www.purpletapepedigree.com for my NY shit. notesee on there sometimes.

yeah Note is def. on there...as he's my copilot. I started that shit in early '09 and it's been a good run so far. We got a radio show starting this week via bboxradio.com (sorta like Brooklyn's answer to East Village Radio)... Fresh Out The Box. We'll be doing a couple of archive only eps until the station goes on-air in like 3 weeks. Shit's bout to start really poppin', thun.

We've also been on our funk and soul shit on EVR's Forty Deuce . Some real heads up on that shit.

Sup with dat Rocky + Spaceghostpurrp + Juicy J doe

moar fashun namedropping

crowd looks dead

i hate that shit

lol @ dude who stagedived..dude flew like raiden

(moshpit i guess)

Crowd wasn't actually so dead to begin with. But they died out cause Juicy J only rapped over his vocal tracks and was so fucked up he did the same song three times through out his set. I was walking out once these youngins got on stage. No hate though...ASAP is well...being true to the young cat that he is coming up in this day and age...and SpaceGhost is just on some druggy can't speak a lick of english shit...but at least it ain't some pussysoft Wiz Mickey Factz Theosyphilis Weezy shit. Although it IS a watered down cantrreallyrap version of old Triple 6 Mafia (back when they were on 4-tracks and calling themselves "triple six" instead of "three six").

But seriously, that shit was pretty terrible for me to witness as a huge fan of the OG 3-6 shit...J should've known better. Rappin' over your vocals to be your own hypeman is corny...all of you younger cats who see ONLY this when you go to a show should take note and start lobbing bottles of piss at whoever is doing that (unless it's some single-shot BRAND NEW shit...but c'mon bee).

Danny was gettin' boo'ed for some odd reason... and it's like...wait you're here to see who else? Danny was the only cat that day who could really really rap whilst maintaining relevance. some younger faggots in the crowd got pissy when he did "Bruiser Brigade"....I guess they didn't "get it"... maybe they were there for Araabmusik.............

ktothe: Glad you fuckin' with Danny. Check out the Browntown mixtape we got up...it's from around The Hybrid era...shit's hard. And check The Hybrid if you havent' already...more street-themed than XXX but still very conceptual and bugged out in his style.

XXX is probably my choice for album of the year...

What you think of that new Mr. Muthafuckin' eXquire Lost In Translation?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...