the REAL hiphop thread

DüM

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that article was lol, i nearly had to stop reading when he said "wassup" is a clams throwaway beat even though it's probably my favorite thing he's ever made.

just another way too in-touch hip hop head who spends too much time on the net and apparently not enough time enjoying music for what it is.DÃœM put me on to asap, but it's not like I enjoyed it because he gets mad reblogs, I like it because it sounds good to me. I could give a fuck if he's riding the south's dick or whatever -- the game is rife with biters as its always been, but as long as all the "appropriation" (fuck, getting tired of this word) results in some listenable music I'm not gonna write a snobby article about a dude who may not even be making music a year from now. Fuck music critics, but mostly fuck people who only have vague criticisms of the music itself and instead focus on all the bullshit surrounding it. INTERNET'S REAL CUH

ya basically.

i know tons of people whose opinions on rap music and beats i respect whereas i know zero bloggers on said topics

whatever mmaayynnee

while we're on the subject though

what rap blogs do you guys fuck with?

I follow noz (from cocaine blunts though I dont read that actually) on twitter and read random articles he writes.

other than that I read www.spaceagehustle.com because my interactions with soft_money on twitter were always good. the blog is good.

and then I read www.purpletapepedigree.com for my NY shit. notesee on there sometimes.

hahaha this is seriously pathetic. c'mon. its not hard man.

do you legitimately think this is Hip Hop? lets kick this off

do you legitimately think it's not?

I'd like to hear this argument.

This game 2 fake I quite rap after this year

do you legitimately think it's not?

I'd like to hear this argument.

I legitimately dont think it is.

The lyrics are terribly written, lack any real content and the beat is terribly produced. I feel sad if this is the path that Hip Hop has taken from the golden ages in the 80s and early 90's.

I know that a lot of you guys here are into this stuff though and thats cool. everyone likes different stuff and perceives music differently.

On the flip side though, what is it about these tracks that makes you like them?

The lyrics are terribly written, lack any real content and the beat is terribly produced. I feel sad if this is the path that Hip Hop has taken from the golden ages in the 80s and early 90's.

u sound like u listen to jeru the damaja at parties

I legitimately dont think it is.

I know that a lot of you guys here are into this stuff though and thats cool. everyone likes different stuff and perceives music differently.

On the flip side though, what is it about these tracks that makes you like them?

chances are we probably like a lot of the same shit, but you're easily trolled and its fun to laugh at australians who can't perceive any qualities in a tapp like rubbabanbidness2. plus anyone who invokes "wah wah where ma golden agez go!?!?" and then posts Outkast, Mobb Deep, and ATCQ in an attempt to elucidate me on the styles of "real hip hop" is just... well that's just great. thanks.

"some of those dudes are old enough to be my mothafuckin daddy"

uGCnb8FH-nU