Most underrated Hip Hop albums...let's hear em

Dave Russ

just skimmed through the thread so i'm sorry if someone mentioned this already but ini's 'center of attention' lp is definitely slept on. some of pete rock's best beats are on this album. it's a shame that this was shelved. i also have to mention quasimoto's first album, i can't remember the title right now but the album has a green cover.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Cormega is in my opinion, one of the nicest to ever touch the mic. Why? because there are very few rappers who have both the street stats to back up their tales, as well as the humility and hindsight to admit their mistakes, and grow as artists. That is why I will buy anything he puts out...I know my money will be well spent...and end up in the pockets of someone I respect as a man. To many other's he's a well known underground king. To the public at large..he exists in Nasir jones' shadow...and will never escape...You feel me?

Couldn't agree more with this one. Mega's my favorite MC and I think he's really underrated. I've seen him live twice and he's killed the performance each time, about to see him again in NYC in a couple weeks. I feel that most people don't give him a shot because of his beef with Nas.

I feel that his album True Meaning is a classic, and should be checked out by any hip hop fan.

• 1 month later...

a bunch of the wu affiliates...only wu fans and REALLY hardcore hiphop fans seem to even know about a lot of em...

shabazz - book of shabazz: also check his verse on gravediggaz' "diary of a madman"...SICK

la the darkman - heist of the century: one of the only solid albums from a solo affiliate...lots of ill beats and featured MCs

killarmy: solid albums. plenty of the members are dope on their own. real grimey and street(sometimes even more so than the wutang group albums)

sunz of man: another ill group of MCs like killarmy, but less street and more scientific. killah priest is a dope solo MC in his own right.