do you keep track your retail purchases? questions for avid shoppers

do you track your retail purchases?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. do you track your retail purchases?

• i do!
    • i should...
    • money isn't a factor

this question was stuck in my head after doing some spring cleaning. just wanted to share my thoughts to see if others feel the same.

we buy goods daily. so while cleaning my room i noticed the accumulated clothes, electronics, games, and random things i bought in the past. typically when i buy something new, like a new released game, i would list the older game on ebay or craigslist. i do this for two reasons, to organize my room and to get some money back. if i never sold any of my older stuff and someone saw my room, they would think that im a hoarder, which i'm not. also, if i kept buying new things without selling my older stuff, i would be broke much sooner and i would just get annoyed with all the clutter. essentially, everything we buy has some sort of value (used or brand new). i'm not against donating, but if i know my stuff has some type of value i rather sell it to get money back.

do you track your retail purchases? i do. i try to keep an inventory of what i buy and put it on a spreadsheet. ever since i started keeping track of my purchases, i noticed that i am smarter with my spending habits, and i splurge less on things with less resell value.

• 6 months later...