Thom Browne Selvedge Jeans

john11f

I got to try one and the cut is modern in a good way. Sort of Sorahikos. Indigo seems deeply dyed and its Made in USA. I'm a big fan of his oxford shirts and the ways it is styled and I was wondering if anyone here own a pair. I'd love to listen to your experience.

yes a modern look and deceptively slim. I like his stuff mostly, particularly his sweaters and shirts. Like those pieces, his bottoms are also slim fitting but you never know until you try one on. I'm a relatively slim guy but some pieces work great and some look like they were actually sewn wrong considering how badly I fit into them. Can't say I've tried those jeans which feel very nice but I have tried on similar cut corduroys and they are tight as shit.

Carrying these at one of our doors here in Manila. Managed to give them a quick look and they're definitely more modern pant than anything.

The denim, unwashed, has this subtle hairiness that should be enough to whet a "looking for something new, transitioning out of the mountaineer look to something more designer upscale, denim head's" appetite.

A bit sad though, upon feeling for the belt loop and finding that the lack of a bump. It's always a pleasant surprise to find that construction anomaly in the most random of labels.

Carrying these at one of our doors here in Manila. Managed to give them a quick look and they're definitely more modern pant than anything.

The denim, unwashed, has this subtle hairiness that should be enough to whet a "looking for something new, transitioning out of the mountaineer look to something more designer upscale, denim head's" appetite.

A bit sad though, upon feeling for the belt loop and finding that the lack of a bump. It's always a pleasant surprise to find that construction anomaly in the most random of labels.

Yeah, the size 5 in Homme was the one I tried on. they soaked it first and then i fit it. i like that its modern and made with japanese seledge. just a little bit too tapered for my taste and like i said, they run short.

Pardon the bromance but I understand your sentiment with that one. Modernity, mixed. I've been repressing a desire to put together the words Japanese denim, and Rick Owens pattern in the same sentence.

Back to the pants though, yes they are short. Not short, we made it too small short, but closer to short, Thom Browne likes his pants that way short.

I've seen these around and they seem okay but why oh why is thom browne making jeans

his label is supposed to be the antithesis of jeans-and-t shirt type dressing. gahhhh. I hate when brands get popular or get bought out and lose their focus.

Received Thom Browne selvedge jeans from Barneys today. They say it's 12oz but feels much thicker. Hairy texture. I bought 4 but I could barely close the waist. I usually wear 33-34 on jeans and was able to button all the way on 32 APC NS. Details are not bad. Blue selvedge, chainstiching, rivets on back pocket corners, etc. However, it's short. If they are shrink to fit, they will be too short for me, and the waist will be a disaster. Also, their buttons are the weakest I've ever seen. One of the popped the moment I wore them and I've seen 5 different pairs of Thom Browne Jeans in the past and not one of them had all the buttons.

Even if it isn't, that creates a problem, too. It's very tight in the waist but too roomy in other areas. I wish the waist would stay the same and others to shrink a bit, which is why I was tempted to do a hot soak with the jeans on.

It's quite a different cut. The fact that it's so tight in the waist reinforces my idea that they're not STF; they were made TTS because that's typically how that factory makes their patterns.