cologne recommendation

nig1

I wear Rochas Man as recommended by a female co-worker of mine, nice and sublte kind of a cocao coffeeish type scent, the ladies seem to like it. I also wear Givenchy Irresistable, this is a very masculine scent that kinda has the smell of cedar when first applied. Both get good reactions from women but I wear the Givinchy more.

I have been using lately Creed Silver Mountain Water and Marc Jacobs pour Homme. Both are amazing scents that work well anytime during the day or going out at night.

The Creed range in general is really amazing, yet really overpriced like other people said in this thread. The best bet is to find it cheap because almost $300 canadian for a bottle of MIllesime Imperial is ridiculous.

Also Bond No. 9 New York have amazing scents, also overpriced and a lot of their scents copy Creed scents. But they do have original scents like Little Italy, New Haarlem and the new one that is coming out tomorrow Fire Island

I am a convert to the CDG line...they have a dedicated section the the Dover Street Market and more likely than not, the next person will have no idea what it is that you are wearing or even smell the same as you.....

The usual suspects have been listed but I think there is an important variable which is overlooked i.e. what the outcome of the scent is on your skin, once it has settled and mixed with your perspiration....

The other important factor in choosing a scent is staying power i.e. how long does a scent actually last on my skin? I found alot of the usual commercial scents evaporating really quickly whereas a few esoteric ones have lasted longer.....for years, my all-time fave has been Kouros by YSL (white bottle) ....without fail, a distinctive scent that literally lasts the whole day when I put it on...same goes for the CDG ones that I have....they last the whole day and don't smell too different with the added perspiration.....