Visvim F/W 11.12

visvim_x_dita_sunglasses_11_grande.jpg?103206

BOSS eyewear. mold to your face. f1 grade glass.

http://store.unionlosangeles.com/products/sir-edmund-mineral-polarized

cross post, would that be a stupid amount of money to spend on sunglasses??

They sell the same frame with plastic glasses at FIL Tokyo for 52,000 yen.

they have loads left...even the first collabo with Dita. same price...

^^ Speculating is fun so why not? Hiroki seems to have hit most of the marks he set out long before vis was around, aw 10 being a culmination of sorts. He's got his staples and can always rely on that so why not try a new direction? It seems to me that he's amidst a rethink. The problem is that, inevitably, the initial spark fades. A time-tested and sure sign of this, with any designer, is the moment they go Native-American -- it's the litmus for lost creativity.

I look at the current folksy semi-ridiculous final-fantasy wizard-samurai direction and can only hope he springboards that into something more cohesive. If he can tweak that by losing the costume angle he might be onto something.

It seems most of the retailers are starting to get their first fall shipments in, and they all seem like very small orders. I know for at least Union, they're moving more towards a trunk show based buy, and getting very little for the store.

I guess vis is getting too expensive to risk or something?