Visvim F/W 11.12

Suitable for a Nordic winter?

No. While others may disagree I've found the dkhand a seasonally transitional piece.

As for sizing:

Pre- aw 10 Large has a Chest measurement of 53cm, recommended to size one up.

For last fall they went with a more normal sizing with a Large being a 56cm Chest, tts.

Standard Deckhand's are warm but no way suitable for a Nordic winter. The sheep lined FIL specials will obviously be warmer. The thing about deckhands is they are narrow on the shoulders and narrow accross the top of the chest. If you wide, fat big whatever it will be too tight. If you size up then the chest will be ok but the rest of the jacket will be badly fitting. The deckhand jacket has always been on the small size since their first model some 5 years ago. All tis constant talk of people sizing up and down with Visvim is bullshit. Most people havent got a clue. While Visvim sizing has fluctuated a little over the years in keeping with current trends, its not been that much. With very, very few exceptions i have always bought the same size in Visvim. Always a 9 in shoes, medium in shirts etc. Its ridiculous these constant claims of sizing up or down. Buy your size and stick to it.

Just got off the phone with bergdorf, they actually managed to sell most of their shoe stock. Totally out of Virgil's, like 1 pair left of patricians, and like 2 skagways and foleys left. They're getting a new shipment in November, they said a new boot and fbts

They also may have one of the most insane customer service I've ever experienced. They offer to take down your phone number and text you pictures as soon as theyget the shoes, so that you don't have to check your email etc.

Standard Deckhand's are warm but no way suitable for a Nordic winter. The sheep lined FIL specials will obviously be warmer. The thing about deckhands is they are narrow on the shoulders and narrow accross the top of the chest. If you wide, fat big whatever it will be too tight. If you size up then the chest will be ok but the rest of the jacket will be badly fitting. The deckhand jacket has always been on the small size since their first model some 5 years ago. All tis constant talk of people sizing up and down with Visvim is bullshit. Most people havent got a clue. While Visvim sizing has fluctuated a little over the years in keeping with current trends, its not been that much. With very, very few exceptions i have always bought the same size in Visvim. Always a 9 in shoes, medium in shirts etc. Its ridiculous these constant claims of sizing up or down. Buy your size and stick to it.

sorry man but you're just plain wrong. i own numerous vis gear and i've gone between medium/large for jackets and shirts and size 10/11 for shoes. from piece to piece and from season to season things can and have changed. everyone's body is different and just because you bought the same size all these years doesn't mean a fucking thing to the rest of us. sure everyone gets sick of sizing questions but considering how much visvim costs these days i'd wanna make sure i cop the right size too.

your argument is total shit.

Calling 78 for his dissertation on sizing discrepancies with nomads!

And dude. Frugal player is very correct. For instance I'm a 10 in normal FBT's, 11 in 90% of vis and a 12 in americana's and fabro's.

So, you jog on:

Yes i ve read the 78's post. and your missing my point u fucking retard. Visvim sizing has become smaller over the years. The reason is because all mens clothing generally has become slimmer, leaner shorter etc. Mens silhouettes are leaner. And yes there are always the odd exception to the rule for Visvim products but im saying, clearly, that generally Visvim products do not vary in size nearly as much as people on this forum would have you believe. Knob.

PS. I believe there is a post from Kia noting that virtually every pair of Visvim footware he had ever bought was all the same size, and making a similar point to the one im making.

adding to the discussion, i got 3 vis shoes and they all in different sizes. 9 for patrician from 2-3 seasons ago, 9.5 for lo-flynt from 2 last season and 10 for paine moc from 3-4 seasons back .. i also have buckminister that im selling from 3-4 seasons back size 9 tight as hell for me ..

Maybe my feet shape-shift to accommodate my Visvim collection?

I'll say it again, i currently own 11 pairs of Visvim shoes, every single one is a size 9 and they all fit like a glove.

FYI, my oldest pair is 6 years old and my newest pair is from this year.

Yep.

Funny how these so called expert, new to the games fools have to bandy about their so called expert product knowledge by insisting that yes every single visvim model is widely different in fit from the next one. Its just a weak attempt to try and sound expert about a brand they know nothing about. In the absense of experience you just parrot each others rubbish.

SIZING BATTLE! Gotta say, I'm on the side of people who insist their sizing is not consistant. While many models do fit similarly you cannot tell me that Logan Mids run the same as Folk FBTs for example. I do a 10 in Logan Mids, and can barely squeeze into an 11 for the Folks, could do a 12 easy. I believe Kiya even sold some white Logan Mids because he bought a 9 and they were too big.

Outterwear has definitely gotten smaller as the seasons have progressed in my opinion. Specifically the Nomad. Even the zip hoodies have gotten smaller. I have an XL from like 08 that is waaaay bigger than a current XL. Not saying anybody is right or wrong, just my experience.

Guest Dumi420

For what it's worth, I own the 2005 Nez Perce Ancestors and the Nez Perce Kiefers... 9.5 in Ancestors and 10 in Kiefers. The Kiefers fit a tiny bit slim and the Ancestors are roomy. I probably would have gotten a 10.5 in Kiefers if I could.

I wasn't even complaining nor claiming that visvim's sizing is all over the map. i was simply pointing out that it has happened and still does from time to time based on my experiences. that was simply in response to undercover73's

"All tis constant talk of people sizing up and down with Visvim is bullshit. Most people havent got a clue".

telling someone "they don't know what they're talking about" simply because their experiences differ is beyond ignorant.

his logic is so flawed its not even worth discussing anymore.