Fashion jobs/internships

Still trying hard to get something with bazillions emails, but no answer is that because I mention that I am only a second year going towards my third year? I'm surrounded by 3rd and final year here and from non-academic fashion school (with internship included, relations/connections and stuff) so it's QUITE frustrating. 

^I feel like a lot of the time response and acceptance is based more on portfolio, no?

Well i dont need any portfolio as im not a designers or any related job - 

So I just have part-time experience in store + some "cool" extra-scholar activities/hobbits but STILL CANNOT MAKE IT fuck me

^buying ;-) (well I think I will have to go into Marketing if I don't find anything in buying yet ...)

So it's mainly connections at the beginning, because you have to start somewhere to get previous experience in it, at least I have enough experience on the shop floor (enough to start ain't saying im a senior :P)

^ where do you live mr.

Europe / England / France (both actually as England is only where I study full time)

But I don't mind moving wherever I can find something if I can get a visa through the company.

Edited by Mr.Sander

• 3 weeks later...

HS student here, wondering what the best route to follow after school would be. I want to try and get involved in the fashion industry as quickly as possible. Completely open to moving almost anywhere in the states, wherever would have the best prospects of getting a job (or even a shitty internship if I have to), or best colleges to go to, although if at all possible I'd rather not waste my time there.

Just looking for some tips or really any advice/information I can get, thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh damn. New York crew! Totokaelo is expanding and expanding aggressively to your area.

http://man.totokaelo.com/careers

Hiring a COO for New York.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish England/France were more open on the fashion world, more arty less moneyshit/businessschool wannabe .

I'm finally back in Europe and tired of seeing PR/Marketing Internship as if it was only these positions. 

I mean... Yang Li, Aitor Throup, Markus Lupfer, Carpentersworkshop gallery, Mead Carney, etc. etc. 

Were all looking for interns within this past month and that's for London alone. Just have to keep your eyes peeled. 

What do you mean your 'in' buying if you're looking for an internship in buying? You mean you'd like to get a start in buying?

Yeah thats exactly it. Why if you want an internship in PR you'll say I'm in ... ? Fashion ?

So I'm into buying and looking for an internship in Buying.

Yeah thats exactly it. Why if you want an internship in PR you'll say I'm in ... ? Fashion ?

So I'm into buying and looking for an internship in Buying.

Good luck, it took me five months to find mine. If you want to do womenswear give me a PM as I've seen a few internships advertised at the moment.

What are you buying?? Clothes, fabric or production??

Cause all of these come with a knowledge learnt on the floor...

Clothes, and if I'm looking for it its because I had enough of the shop floor - with my last interview the buying department told me I had enough experience in this to allow me to apply for a buying internship.

Good luck, it took me five months to find mine. If you want to do womenswear give me a PM as I've seen a few internships advertised at the moment.

Im sending you one then, womenswear/menswear for now, both will do.

Are there even internships in buying? Serious question, I know a few buyers and none of them were ever "buying interns"

Yes they are, few of them, its often after graduation but I found one for my summer, visa problem occurred and here I am. It's quite recent, I mean 10 years ago it was not something to do as an intern due to the knowledge required.

Clothes, and if I'm looking for it its because I had enough of the shop floor - with my last interview the buying department told me I had enough experience in this to allow me to apply for a buying internship.

Im sending you one then, womenswear/menswear for now, both will do.

Yes they are, few of them, its often after graduation but I found one for my summer, visa problem occurred and here I am. It's quite recent, I mean 10 years ago it was not something to do as an intern due to the knowledge required.

I wouldn't limit yourself to buying for now. I would get working as quickly as possible, and keep looking for the perfect role while your already working. That's what worked for me at least- got a job outside of the fashion industry that taught me skills which ended up helping me get the job I wanted. Now I'm working in fashion with an awesome company and I feel like I'm where I want to be.