Fashion jobs/internships

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any Boston based kids? Barneys at Copley Place is hiring in CO-OP, Women's Shoes ($$$), and Men's Shoes...

Overall not the most exciting BNY flagship to work for, but good people, great management, low stress

Edited by jdemotion

very cosigned. People really over romanticize this job, especially for one of the big players. It's not nearly as glamorous or fun as people think, and the pressure is immense. If anything you have to be able to bench what you personally like or find interesting and adjust your buy for a common consumer, which gets really tedious. If you really want this job you'll need to start at the absolute lowest position with a company and work your way up, most likely through a smaller retailer where you can lateral over to a bigger store once you have experience. Nobody's hiring buyers because they "like fashion".

THOM BROWNE.

NEW YORK

Thom Browne Mens Design team looking for interns in New York.

To apply email resume and pdf/web work sample to

info (at) thombrowne (dot) com with title Mens Design Internship.

Adobe Illustrator and/or Microsoft Excel experience highly valued.

Availability at least 4+ days/week.

Edited by supleme crientele

• 3 weeks later...

I'm hiring for several sales positions across the US for a men's contemporary brand. The line crosses over into the technical outerwear / activewear and streetwear markets as well. This is a commission based position. Sales experience is desirable, as are existing relationships with boutiques and major retailers. If interested email me at [email protected] and I'll provide additional info. Posting here before I post on Malakye and other sites.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone have any available Production position leads in New York?

Menswear outerwear, suiting, wovens, knits, or accessories?

Help me out Superjobs©....

I come with some A-1 experience and references.

• 1 month later...

My current internship is looking for future interns for the fall. Brands carried include Assembly New York and OAK, plus a lot of the staff are OC alums. Great opportunity for anyone in the NYC area looking to dip their feet into the fashion world.

"Goods & Services is looking for showroom interns! We are specialized in advanced contemporary apparel and accessory brands, and are looking for a team of energetic interns to assist the team from this coming Fashion Week market (September - November). This is a great opportunity to learn how a multi-line showroom works, meet buyers from all over the world and be introduced to the wholesale side of fashion!

We are looking for people who are:
• Team players
• Creative visual merchandisers
• Knowledgeable in fashion
• Quick thinking individuals who can multi-task
• Showroom market experience a plus!

Responsibilities include:
• Greeting buyers
• Sample trafficking
• Assisting in appointments
• Merchandising and organizing the showroom
• Replenishing linesheets and lookbooks

Hours:
3-5 days/week 10 AM to 6:30 PM

To Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please state “Showroom Intern†in the subject line."

TECHNICAL DESIGNER NEEDED 

Lifestyle / contemporary brand COMUNE is looking for a technical designer to join our team. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop & MS Office. Must have experience creating and maintaining tech packs, measuring garments for knits, wovens and bottoms for mens and women's. Must have the aptitude and initiative to adhere to strict deadlines. 3 years minimum experience as tech designer, denim knowledge a plus.

Please email all inquiries to [email protected]

• 1 month later...

Guys except NAP , who else would you offer Buying internship rather than just a first job as an assistant buyer? I'd like to get some internship before the end of my degree (and I know that with this one i'll be able to get this kind of position from the start ... hopefully)? Any idea? There is no distance limit . 

Would it be better to start with a merchandising internship first? 

Edited by Mr.Sander

You can try Urban Outfitters.  Over the summers they do a big home office internship gig in philly that includes the buying team.

Thanks .. 3 internships in their buying team ... wow I wouldn't expect that! Thanks a lot !

P.S. Yeah it's ... 6 months I cannot afford 6 months between my academic year I only have 4 months max, damn it. I'll email them anyway. 

Edited by Mr.Sander

• 3 weeks later...

Hi sufu, 

I'm in 1st year of master marketing and i'm looking for an internship (I would prefer Europe, but I'm also open to USA or Asia).

The internship is for 2-6monthes long... If someone has something, just pm me!

thanks

Hi sufu, 

I'm in 1st year of master marketing and i'm looking for an internship (I would prefer Europe, but I'm also open to USA or Asia).

The internship is for 2-6monthes long... If someone has something, just pm me!

thanks

Dude for 6 months you have everything ... check  NAP, Urban Outfitters, Galeries Lafayette, Harrods, Liberty, Selfridges (for the most common ones)

I'm desperate to find something for 3/4 months, that's crazy