Fashion jobs/internships

Post job/internship listings, announcements, hiring stuff

cpintern.png

Cassette Playa

http://twitter.com/#!/CASSETTEPLAYA/status/72794990576795648

Here are some old listings, but I'll just leave the contacts here for anyone interested in reaching out to them:

We are looking for an intern to assist with the Henrik Vibskov Boutique Web: Webshop, editorial and graphic work.

You will become experienced in e-commerce and be given the opportunity to improve your journalistic skills.

You will be working in both our Copenhagen Studio and Boutique. It will be approximately 15-37 hours per week, spread over two-five days, and of course we are quite flexible with study commitments.

Your duties will include:

• Handling, updating and maintaining the webshop

• Writing stories and interviews for the Henrik Vibskov blog

• Assisting in the research of images and editing of stories

You will need:

• To be fluent in english

• Skills in both Photoshop and InDesign

• To be independent, curious and outgoing

• To have an interest and knowledge in fashion and lifestyle

Please send CV and Resume to [email protected] and attach two examples of fashion-related and journalistic text, together with an image that you think fits the story.

Application deadline: May 16th

Period: 6 months

Start date: June 1st

Successful candidates will be called for an interview.

For further information please contact Web Manager, Rune Park +45 2237 8817

Henrik Vibskov

http://blog.henrikvibskovboutique.com/2011/05/web-intern-wanted.html

We are currently looking for an intern to assist our patternmaker at Nepenthes New York, 2-3 days a week, starting ASAP. The person has to be able to communicate fluently in Japanese and have good knowledge of English. Basic patternmaking knowledge is preferred and ability to make sew samples with understanding of common basics of sewing on an industrial sewing machine.

Please email [email protected] with subject line "Internship" to inquire further.

Thank you.

Nepenthes

http://nepenthesnewyork.blogspot.com/2011/05/recruitment-patternmaking-internship.html

internships available in Hartford, CT. holler at us

Acne Studios is in an intense growth phase and we are constantly looking for talented and dedicated individuals to join us. Below is a list of positions currently open. If you want to work for us, but can't find a position that matches your qualifications and preferences, please register a general application here.

http://shop.acnestudios.com/job-vacancies?f=true

Anybody looking for a recent college graduate in the state of California, New York, or Washington with a few years experience in the streetwear realm, let me know. I'm having a killer time finding a job right now...

• 2 weeks later...

Open Ceremony seeking Fashion Archive Intern.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/opening-ceremony/oc-is-seeking-fashion-archive-interns/10150357643772576

FASHION ARCHIVE INTERNS NEEDED FOR SS 2011-FW 2011!

Opening Ceremony is seeking interns for the Archive Department.

OC is looking for detail oriented interns who have a passion for garment preservation and show interest in maintaining the integurity and understand the importance of a design archive.

Responsibilities:

Helping to organize and catalog past collections with Opening Ceremony

Qualifications:

+ Must be creative and and enjoy looking through past design OC

+ Trustworthy and hardworking

+ Proficiency in Photoshop and filemaker pro is a plus.

+Comfortable with a camera .

+ A strong interest in Opening Ceremony is a must.

+ Must be available a minimum of 3 days per week.

Internships are unpaid, but can count towards school credit. A lunch stipend is provided along with discounts at our stores and online.

To apply for this position, please send cover letter, resume and availability to:

Seems like they forgot to put the email to apply to

• 1 month later...

dunno is this has been posted

Opening Ceremony Showroom is seeking interns for SS12 Women’s Market: September 1st-October 31st.

We are looking for team of energetic interns to assist the Showroom team. This is a great opportunity to assist with a multi-designer showroom during its most exciting time!

We are looking for people who are:

- Team players

- Great visual merchandisers

- Have excellent organizational skills

- A knowledge and appreciation of fashion

- Quick thinking individuals who can multitask

- Showroom market experience is a plus!

Responsibilities would include:

- Greeting appointments

- Helping handle accounts

- Tracking Samples

- Assisting the Showroom Director and Account Executives in appointments

- Note-taking for Showroom Team during Appointments

- Visual merchandising and organizing the showroom throughout the whole market week

- Organizing and replenishing linesheets and lookbooks for appointments

The Opening Ceremony Showroom is located in New York City. CANDIDATE MUST BE BASED IN NY.

Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] for review.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i'm an fashion intern who already did 2 internship's, one at JANTAMINIAU and one at Mada van Gaans, got great contacts at Levi's XX and Tommy Hilfiger Denim, and helping James Veenhoff (initiator of Amsterdam Fashion week) to set up a Denim school in Amsterdam. now i'm looking for the next challenge: interning at a big company in a foreign country. i'm an well-organized men who do's the assistant fashion designer course at ROCVA. i'm looking for an internship from half November to half February (dates may vary..) and i would love to intern in New York, San Fransisco or maybe some other country, i dont know who's represented here.. i'd love to hear something from you guys :)

my email is [email protected]

I need to get in on this. For shame I am a history major and this would not get me any credits and living for free is nearly impossible unless I am allowed to sleep in the stores shipping room.

if you are seriously considering a career in fashion, i hope you're already well-off enough to not need a career in anything.

this is seriously bullshit. there are many people who make a decent living in the fashion industry. either you are bitter or ignorant. either way these statements aren't necessary.

Blackbird is looking for a few interns to assist in various positions around the company. We are looking for at least a 2-day commitment, working no less than 15 hours a week. We are looking for assistance in the following departments:

- Stockroom

- Web store

- Marketing/design/production

- Photo studio

Our interns are rewarded with valuable work experience, personal growth, resume cred, plus a generous 40% discount in the store; these are unpaid positions. Members of our team have gone on to work for Rick Owens, Thom Browne and Surface to Air to name a few. Candidates may obtain college credit for their internship if approved from their college/university.

Please send your resume and cover letter or just a passionate e-mail to [email protected]

http://helloblackbird.blogspot.com/2011/09/we-want-you-blackbird-interns.html