Ever start a business? Sufu entrepreneurs club

homi29

Listen to darkanimal

He is a true businessman with 20+ years of experience in the Nigerian financial services industry. Outstanding track record and always a pleasure to do business with. Dark always follows up and understands how to provide maximum added value to any organization.

May I recommend this fine woman for your secretary services--

secretaryp.png

A lot of people would let themselves be sexually harassed and suck nuts for $8K a month. =\ There are cute hookers out there that would cost less than $8K a month if you employed them full time and paid by the hour.

5'10/145 though, jesus. She's bigger than me.

Step 1: Do all your shit in Texas or Florida and keep Uncle Sam's partnership as minimal as possible.

What type of startup are you thinking about? Something that will likely be VC backed within a few years? Tech related? Fashunz?

Haven't decided on what type of business yet I keep wavering back and forth. I think for me it'd have to start really organically and be a direct product of my interests for me to continue on with it. I was more looking to survey sufu'ers and find out their advice/experiences and apply them to my own life.

^ In that case keep an open-ended title for your entity. "homi29 investments" or something like that. You can umbrella any idea you have under it and tag on "dba" or something for specifics.

I got about as many workable business ideas as I do minutes in a day, but little motivation to play out more than a few of them, nor do I have enough cash to run as many things as I would like to. If people got cash to throw me I can plant them like seeds to make a money tree though, so get at me if you really have cash and want to get your principle and then a check every month for doing nothing.

Did the founders of the startup do all the initial coding themselves? The cost of a tech startup is really variable as it depends which segment of the market you are trying to get into but costs and hassle increase exponentially if you can't do the programming yourself and will have to bring someone on board to do it.

as far as i know, the initial coding that was used to launch the startup and get the first base of users, was all done by the owner and a couple friends. think mostly are UW grads. after they got however many 100k downloads in the first few weeks, they got the funding necessary to get office space and hire on some more people, several of which are current UW undergrads

actually they don't officially have a way to monetize the app yet since it's free, and everyone i know that works there has signed a NDA... if i had to guess it would be a deal to package the app with certain phones, much like how i imagine most of the sales of Windows comes from PC manufacturers