Question for Chicago heads

stroke5

I'm working in Chicago for the summer and I'd like to know if there are any spots where I might be able to pick up a paid of Adidas Officials. I'm also looking for a good tattoo studio and a place to get my hair cut (any japanese spots?). So if anyone can help me out with any of these things please let me know. Thanks.

yea,adidas store or leaders,also hit up st.alfreds in wicker park.as far as getting your hair cut,i'd say go to milios,its right off the belmont red/brown line train station,theres a bunch of diff. stylists there that can hook it up.

its not where you end up, but the path you take

Quote:

yea,adidas store or leaders,also hit up st.alfreds in wicker park.as far as getting your hair cut,i'd say go to milios,its right off the belmont red/brown line train station,theres a bunch of diff. stylists there that can hook it up.

--- Original message by Originatek on Jun 12, 2006 10:52 AM

Do you like St. AlfredS?

Some of their shit is ok, I guess. But their shoe stock is pretty stale and the service is downright terrible. You can walk in there and be ignored for 15 minutes.

It's a shame when these places have attitude like you're priviledged to be in their store. I stopped going in there.

SHOES: i still havent been to this leaders place....its kinda in the middle of nowhere on the south side from what i gather.

...seriously though, for badass shoes check out Diana shoes on Milwaukee Ave....i dunno where they get their stuff from but they always have interesting colorways you dont see anywhere else without the total pretension of st. alfreds (...they have never even said hi to me before and ive been in there like 8 billion times).

...also check out espace for shoes on milwaukee/ashland/division...the blond dude who works there is super super nice and its been my best shopping experience ever in chicago service wise. i also like that shop b/c they actually have a lot of great girls stuff as well, not just dudes...

HAIR: i go to salon blonde on north avenue.....one of the girls there was just voted best chicago stylist...i love it.

i was just in chicago and had a good expierence at st.alfreds....really nice guys. they are just really lowkey, so people might be reading them wrong. but then again ive only been there once.

....tatu tattoo is just down the road from st.alfreds and the person i was with wanted to get there lip done, we stood in there for at least 20 mins and nobody talked to us. so we left.

.......and THEN i pulled out.

• 1 year later...
Guest umhaha84

*URGENT*

I just moved to chicago downtown, and i really need a hair cut!

someone recommended art & science in Wicker park,

can anyone recommend me a hair salon? and also, a designer!!

THX!!!!!!!