Game of Thrones

jackg

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

book 4 is really annoying. so sick of reading the point of view of that stupid fucking cunt cersie lannister, especially when it's every 4th chapter. i thought sansa in book 2 was bad, but this is torture. reading it makes me want to punch someone or something. 80% through the book and i'm thinking of just skipping the rest of her chapters and reading the summary on the wiki.

Edited by Rob060

yea, tons of crazy shit happens in book 3. finished that a little while ago and jumped right into book 4. getting close to the end of that one now. in book 4 there is a lot more focus on just a few characters compared to 1-3 and i think in book 5, it starts to get a little confusing. i heard that multiple books cover the same time period, but focus on different characters, so maybe in book 5 i'll learn what the other main characters are doing while the stuff in book 4 was going on.

Book 3 was my favorite (I think it's most peoples' favorite). Book 5 wasn't too far behind.. lot of crazy shit in book 5 as well. The ending was frustrating though.

I went through book 3 in like a week or so. Been struggling with book 4 though... can't stay into it. It's still good, it's just reading so much slower than 2 and 3 for me.

book 3 is officially 2 seasons. red wedding is episode 9. books 4 and 5 will be put together chronologically for the show, at least 3 seasons for those 2. itll end up being hbo's longest running program by the end.

book 3 is officially 2 seasons. red wedding is episode 9. books 4 and 5 will be put together chronologically for the show, at least 3 seasons for those 2. itll end up being hbo's longest running program by the end.

Where did you hear that RW is episode 9? Everywhere I've seen it should be episode 7. GRRM is writing that episode and has referenced an event being in it that was the reason for HBO approaching him about being a TV show.. pretty sure that's the RW.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, it will be interesting to see Iwan play a similarly dark character in a totally different way. It might be a bit of a psychological adjustment at first, since I loved him in the first two series of Misfits, but I'm sure he can put in a performance for viewers who haven't seen him before.

Red Wedding is going to be nuts. Can't wait for the reactions of the people who haven't read the books. So don't google "Red Wedding" if you don't want a massive spoiler to ruin the show/story for you.

It's been well over a year since I finished book 5 and I don't think I've retained anything to be honest. I might as well get started on the show finally.

finished a dance with dragons today, then went through some interesting theories on the wiki and forums about who the real azor ahai and prince that was promised could be. whether lightbringer will turn out to be a real sword or if it's simply a metaphor for something else. also an interesting theory that jon snow wasn't even fathered by eddard stark, but was the child of rhaegar targaryan and eddard's sister lyanna.

I'll avoid spoilers... but holy fuck at book 3. Great read and shit goes down. I'm sad to hear book 4 is hard to get through. I'm gonna keep at it and hopefully get to 5 sometime this year haha.

You won't appreciate it the first time around, but after you finish 5 and start to put everything together. It becomes better the second time around.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Intro / catch-up episode. Nothing really happened but I wasn't expecting anything crazy. Book 3 didn't get that intense until kinda far into it.

Sure, but still great to watch. This is one of the best shows on TV right now (only Breaking Bad is definitely better, IMO).

Edited by cander49

• 4 weeks later...

Where did you hear that RW is episode 9? Everywhere I've seen it should be episode 7. GRRM is writing that episode and has referenced an event being in it that was the reason for HBO approaching him about being a TV show.. pretty sure that's the RW.

Episode 7 is called the bear and the maiden fair, written by GRRM

But episode 9 is called the rains of castamere... Pretty stoked on all of this season.

Yeah but I bet our boy regrets diving head first into her muff before she had a bath.

It might have won him points but with all that running around behind the wall in bearskins and shit, can you imagine the stank on that cunt?

them Northerners like things fermented and fishy.

Edited by DaBestSpoona