Game of Thrones

jackg

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emilia Clarke got a clause in her contract that says no nude scenes. Apparently her family got mad at her for exposing too much during the first season. Kinda weird letting her get that clause, it's not like they hired her for her acting... FIRE AND BLUHD!

2itge1d.png

Where did you get that information, about Emilia Clarke putting a no nudity clause in her contract?

I have read a few people saying that on a few different forums, but I can't find anything concreate saying any such thing. So can you please state your source?

Edit.

I have not been able to find anything saying this, other than posters on the forums, and until some real proof is given, I don't think I believe the Emilia Clarke no nudity thing, at all. Here is the reasons why, Game of Thrones season two was done filming in December, and just a few months later in March, Emilia Clarke did a photo shoot for GQ. In some of those pictures, she is showing her left breast(nipple included). So why would Emilia Clarke put a no nudity clause in her contract, only to turn around and take nude pictures for GQ a few months later?

In interviews, Emilia Clarke has said that it was tough doing the nude scenes for season one. However, she also said she was ok with it, because she felt it was really important in those scenes, to show the audience what Daenerys was going through. Emilia Clarke really cares about Game of Thrones, and acting in general, so why would she all of the sudden not want to do nude scenes, when she herself has said that stuff can be crucial to the scene? There is nothing important about taking pictures for GQ, as far as acting goes, so why would she be fine with going nude for GQ, and not Game of Thrones, the later being something she really cares about?

That's why I don't buy the whole no nudity clause thing. I think people are just jumping to conclusions, for a few reasons. Number one, in season two, they did not have the Qartheen gown like in the books. D&D have actually explained there reasons for not doing that, and none of them have anything to do with Emilia Clarke(they said it would be to distracting etc). Number two, because there has been no nude scenes with Dany this season, people assume it must be because she changed her contract. When you think about it, other than the Qartheen gown, Dany does not really have any nude scenes in A Clash of Kings. At the end of the book, there is a scene where Dany is only wearing the lion pelt that Drogo gave her, and she stands up and lets it fall to the floor infront of Ser Jorah, but other than that, Dany does not really have any nude scenes for book two. So it makes sense that there wouldn't be any in season two, once they take out the Qartheen gown, and considering they hardly have time for anything on the show, I am glad they didn't throw in made up nude scenes just for the sake of nudity.

So that's why I think people are jumping to conclusions about Emilia Clarke adding a no nudity clause to her contract.

Here is the link to the video of Emilia Clarke's photo shoot with GQ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujy4ckqhlc4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Edited by Ghost714

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWVa1vTiscc

fuck 10 ep runs, what happened to 22 episode seasons?

Most premium television shows don't have more than 10-12 episodes. Regular network shows do the episodes up to the 20's, but shows like True Blood, Boardwalk Empire, Dexter, Spartacus, Game of Thrones, etc.. They only have around 10 episodes.

Game of Thrones would like to do 12 episodes, but right now they literally don't have the money and time to do more than 10. Also, if they want to do more than 10 episodes, then HBO would have to allow it, and right now they only seem to be giving them 10. As the show gets more popular, HBO might give them 12 episodes, and if it gets more popular, they might be able to afford doing more than 10.

So everybody promote the show!

you don't work for got do you pal? haha

i was just lamenting the fact that you only get 10 eps then have to wait 12 months. I think i might read the books over the next break.

Edited by jackg

i think there wasnt enough development of the storylines, and they did choose to develop the one storyline that wasnt in the book (Robbs love story)

im not hating because we get to see Oona's cakes