Game of Thrones

jackg

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ hahaha I thought the exact same thing when I saw those boots

this series really surprised me, typically I don't enjoy fantasy stuff that much. but the opening intro in the first episode just got me hooked like that.

^ hahaha I thought the exact same thing when I saw those boots

this series really surprised me, typically I don't enjoy fantasy stuff that much. but the opening intro in the first episode just got me hooked like that.

I am exactly the same! i stay away from fantasy as a general rule, but this is just too good. cant wait for winter to fall.

apparently they have already signed a 2nd full season too!

wait what was king robert saying at the end of that preview? is that a reference to dersyre(sp - the "dragon")??

waiting for the global stuff to go down is what's going to make waiting weeks at a time really be tough for me - I could burn through the whole series in a weekend if netflix had it I feel like.

Should probably clarify that this is spoiler free (seems to be right now, lotta people that haven't read the book watching the show). There are some fucked twists that will get spoiled by little comments.

That said i think if your enjoying the show you should read the books, modern masterpieces. The casting has been so good so far.

Peter Dinklage better win some fuckin awards.

wait what was king robert saying at the end of that preview? is that a reference to dersyre(sp - the "dragon")??

waiting for the global stuff to go down is what's going to make waiting weeks at a time really be tough for me - I could burn through the whole series in a weekend if netflix had it I feel like.

my first reading was that he was referring to himself as the "absentee king" because he hasn't really been doing anything??? just drinking and whoring, generally living the high life

and yes Peter Dinklage is fucking on point.

anyone else notice the bad boy from skins, as the bastard child working the black smith?

^yeah! mikey or whoever, the kid whose parents die and no one gives a shit lol. That's a good interpretation of that scene though I don't really see how he qualifies as he's still in the capital and everything... Spoilers aside, are we going to see some sort of movement with the dothraki plotline this season? I think I'm going to sit these books out even though I hear they're good, but like I was saying last page if this whole season is about stark vs. lancaster and the slowburn at the wall I'll just sit back and enjoy the acting.

^yeah! mikey or whoever, the kid whose parents die and no one gives a shit lol. That's a good interpretation of that scene though I don't really see how he qualifies as he's still in the capital and everything... Spoilers aside, are we going to see some sort of movement with the dothraki plotline this season? I think I'm going to sit these books out even though I hear they're good, but like I was saying last page if this whole season is about stark vs. lancaster and the slowburn at the wall I'll just sit back and enjoy the acting.

yeah i think the dothraki plotline might be sidelined at least till second season, but the the stark lancaster conflict seems like it will be on, episode 5 from the preview looks like the start of all of that!

and then winter will fall! man i cant wait till we get some stuff happening out in the wilds! the first 5 minutes of the first episode was fucking spot on!

Good episode

fucking guard had to ruin that last battle..

blonde girl at the last brothel scene had a very nice rack

dammm i cant watch it till wednesday!!!!!

i want a breast count back on the first episode, conservative guess at 20+??

Show is garbage. Casting, acting, cinematography basically all awful and everyone I know whose read the books is confused by how bad the screenplay is. Worth watching for some sunday night entertainment but so far a very big dissappointment.

Also the opening looks like it was meant for a shitty RTS game.

Just finished Storm of Swords and picked up Feast for Crows but consensus out there is that Feast for Crows is lame compared to the first three volumes. I like having the image of Lena Headey in mind when reading about Cersei. I like having the image of Lena Headey in mind in general, come to think of it.

Some strange decisions on the screenplay but it's just to keep it moving along and not let it get quite as convoluted as the books.

i haven't read the books but it is never going to compare....i don't think its ground breaking, but its solid hbo quality television. extended cast, convoluted plot lines (thus far anyway) and even if it isn't amazing its good entertaining viewing!