Game of Thrones

jackg

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

trueblood has dropped off the last few seasons

I think it's just as good as its ever been, if not better in later seasons. I for one can not wait for this season to start, it looks so good.

I don't mean to derail the thread though, so back on topic. I was looking at the game of thrones episodes on Wikipedia, and it tells you who the writer was, the director etc, and it tells you how many minutes the episode is that your looking at. My point is, I was looking at this Sunday's episode, and it said it was 70 minutes long, and all the other episodes were around 50 minutes. So hopefully the episode will be that long, that would be cool, and they will need all the time they can get to rap everything up.

Has anybody else seen anything saying next weeks episode will be longer?

I think it's just as good as its ever been, if not better in later seasons. I for one can not wait for this season to start, it looks so good.

I don't mean to derail the thread though, so back on topic. I was looking at the game of thrones episodes on Wikipedia, and it tells you who the writer was, the director etc, and it tells you how many minutes the episode is that your looking at. My point is, I was looking at this Sunday's episode, and it said it was 70 minutes long, and all the other episodes were around 50 minutes. So hopefully the episode will be that long, that would be cool, and they will need all the time they can get to rap everything up.

Has anybody else seen anything saying next weeks episode will be longer?

It's the season finale, it's been reported to be an extra 10 mins at least.

Finally saw "Blackwater" last night. Pretty underwhelming. Don't know if the acting or the script was to blame, but i just wasn't feeling any anxiety or fear. I don't know about anyone else, but Tyrion's speech certainly wouldn't have motivated me to fight! And there wasn't enough fire to scare the Hound.

Finally saw "Blackwater" last night. Pretty underwhelming. Don't know if the acting or the script was to blame, but i just wasn't feeling any anxiety or fear. I don't know about anyone else, but Tyrion's speech certainly wouldn't have motivated me to fight! And there wasn't enough fire to scare the Hound.

Have you read the books?

When you say something like, "there wasn't enough fire to scare the hound", I kind of lose all interest in your opinion. Sandor would always come close to winning in the melee's, but Thoros's flaming sword would always freak Sandor out, so Thoros would beat Sandor. If one flaming sword is enough to freak Sandor out, then all that wildfire and flaming arrows definitely would to. Especially when you consider there was a guy running at him on fire. The show did a decent job at setting this up for people who have not read the books, by having Sandor say "if any of those flaming arrows come near me, I'll come back and strangle you with your fucking guts", before he went out the gates to fight.

And clearly it was enough fire to scare Sandor, because it did scare him! Sandor also told Sansa that he was going some place that was not burning. So clearly the fire outside the city was enough.

The acting in this episode was perfect from everybody, Sansa, Cersei, Bronn, Sandor, Tyrion, Joffrey, Stannis, Varys, and hell even Shae was great this episode. The script was also very good. They did the absolute best with everything they had.

If you have not read the book, and If this episode was not good for you, then maybe you should give up on television, because I sure as hell can't think of any other show that's ever had such a well rounded awesome episode, and I watch a lot of tv.

The only way I could understand you not having any "anxiety" or "fear", is if you have read the book.

And Tyrion's speech was awesome, but mainly he shamed people in to fighting, because he was a dwarf and he was willing to lead the fight, so if they did not follow him, "then what would that make them".

Edited by Ghost714

Have you read the books?

When you say something like, "there wasn't enough fire to scare the hound", I kind of lose all interest in your opinion. Sandor would always come close to winning in the melee's, but Thoros's flaming sword would always freak Sandor out, so Thoros would beat Sandor. If one flaming sword is enough to freak Sandor out, then all that wildfire and flaming arrows definitely would to. Especially when you consider there was a guy running at him on fire. The show did a decent job at setting this up for people who have not read the books, by having Sandor say "if any of those flaming arrows come near me, I'll come back and strangle you with your fucking guts", before he went out the gates to fight.

And clearly it was enough fire to scare Sandor, because it did scare him! Sandor also told Sansa that he was going some place that was not burning. So clearly the fire outside the city was enough.

The acting in this episode was perfect from everybody, Sansa, Cersei, Bronn, Sandor, Tyrion, Joffrey, Stannis, Varys, and hell even Shae was great this episode. The script was also very good. They did the absolute best with everything they had.

If you have not read the book, and If this episode was not good for you, then maybe you should give up on television, because I sure as hell can't think of any other show that's ever had such a well rounded awesome episode, and I watch a lot of tv.

The only way I could understand you not having any "anxiety" or "fear", is if you have read the book.

And Tyrion's speech was awesome, but mainly he shamed people in to fighting, because he was a dwarf and he was willing to lead the fight, so if they did not follow him, "then what would that make them".

please dont take offense but you need to chill a bit. you are jocking this series/thread/books too hard

it really was just a good episode. nothing more nothing less and yes ive read all the books.

Edited by chantheman

thought it was a great ep

enjoyed the action/battle scenes even though they suffered from not being very "big" (the shore seemed like a sandbox and each army had like 20 guys) but i can deal with it being a tv show and suspension of disbelief an all

i just hope the finale doesn't feel at all anticlimactic due to lack of explosions

optimistic though because there are still plenty of stories to address with the dragons and john snow and winterfell etc.

i hope someone betrays joffrey real soon