Game of Thrones

jackg

The Blackfish(brynden Tully, one of my favorite characters), Bastard of bolton, and the young Frey boys are all missing so far. i wonder how much Martin had to change the storyline to fiT the short seasons. watching the show you don't get an idea of the devastation and suffering happening in the Riverlands. It's only when the mob riots in Kingslanding you see some of the chaos.

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Blackfish(brynden Tully, one of my favorite characters), Bastard of bolton, and the young Frey boys are all missing so far. i wonder how much Martin had to change the storyline to fiT the short seasons. watching the show you don't get an idea of the devastation and suffering happening in the Riverlands. It's only when the mob riots in Kingslanding you see some of the chaos.

George rr Martin didn't change the story at all for the show, he actually has no control over the show, and that's why they are making such a botch of it. Martin only has a consultant like role in the making of the show, but ultimately if they want to change something, then he has no power to stop them.

As for the missing characters, some of them have been cut, but they have started casting for Edmure Tully for season three, I know that for sure, so hopefully the Blackfish will be included. I am not sure about the others, I doubt the Frey boys get cast, but Ramsey will get cast for sure.

Edited by Ghost714

er.. bit obsessive?

How so?

I just wanted to figure out things on my own, and I wanted to have a decent understanding of all the different storylines and mysteries, before discussing it online with people that already knew everything. The main thing I was saying though, is that I couldn't imagine coming online before reading all the books. If you do that, no matter what, you are bound to be spoiled about something.

If you call that obsessive, I would love to hear what you would call it if you knew how many times I have read all the books now. Well how many times I have read them, and listened to them.

But my main proof against the no nudity thing, was the fact that she did some nude photos in her photo shoot with GQ magazine, just a few months after filming season two of thrones. So obviously she isn't against going nude, and to me it's obvious she cares about acting and stuff, so if she is willing to go nude for a pointless photo shoot, then I think she would be willing to for acting in a show she really cares about.

where

where

Here's a few of them.

http://emiliaclarke.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=4440&fullsize=1

http://emiliaclarke.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=4439&fullsize=1

http://emiliaclarke.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=4469&fullsize=1

And here is a link to the video of her photo shoot with GQ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujy4ckqhlc4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

If the video doesn't work, then just go to YouTube and type in "Emilia Clarke nude GQ photo shoot", and you can find it. She isn't nude in every photo, but a lot of them are pretty revealing and she does show her boob(including nipple).

Edit. Yea sorry the video doesn't work, like I said though you can look it up on YouTube.

On a different note, I just watched tonights episode of game of thrones, and it was truly fucking amazing. Best episode of the whole series, and quite possibly the best episode in tv history. Great job george r r Martin, for writing such a terrific episode.

Edited by Ghost714

Here's a few of them.

http://emiliaclarke....4440&fullsize=1

http://emiliaclarke....4439&fullsize=1

http://emiliaclarke....4469&fullsize=1

And here is a link to the video of her photo shoot with GQ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujy4ckqhlc4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

If the video doesn't work, then just go to YouTube and type in "Emilia Clarke nude GQ photo shoot", and you can find it. She isn't nude in every photo, but a lot of them are pretty revealing and she does show her boob(including nipple).

Edit. Yea sorry the video doesn't work, like I said though you can look it up on YouTube.

On a different note, I just watched tonights episode of game of thrones, and it was truly fucking amazing. Best episode of the whole series, and quite possibly the best episode in tv history. Great job george r r Martin, for writing such a terrific episode.

...eh, hold your horses there. i know you qualified it with "quite possibly", but i don't think anybody can make that kind of statement without being some kind of authority figure on television (even though i don't know for sure you aren't). it was a great episode, but best in history? idk about that.

Should probably clarify that this is spoiler free (seems to be right now, lotta people that haven't read the book watching the show). There are some fucked twists that will get spoiled by little comments.

just to clarify, this thread is primarily about the tv show so lets try not to put spoilers from the book in no matter how obvious they are.

...eh, hold your horses there. i know you qualified it with "quite possibly", but i don't think anybody can make that kind of statement without being some kind of authority figure on television (even though i don't know for sure you aren't). it was a great episode, but best in history? idk about that.

What makes someone an authority figure of television? I wouldn't say I am officially qualified to make such a claim, but if you knew how much tv I watched, then you would know I am somewhat of an unofficial expert lol.

I am not saying everyone will agree that it's quite possibly the best episode ever on television, but then again, not everyone would agree with an official tv critic either. So in my most humbled opinion, this episode was up there with top best episodes ever to be on premium television.

@ "Augustus"

Do you say that as a good thing, or a bad?

Posted · Hidden by percy, May 28, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by percy, May 28, 2012 - No reason given

sighs. veni vidi vici, please make sure you read every book at least three times before commenting in this thread again thank you.

Even when I take into account the appalling ratio of boobs to swords, that was a cracking episode.

Are you saying there wasn't enough boobs, or to much boobs.

@veni vidi vici

Yes. I loved how even Tyrion and the defenders were appalled at the distruction the caused, all besides wisdom Hallyne the pyromancer, he was grinning from ear to ear lol. I loved how they brought Roy Dotrice back for this episode, even though he was not needed at all(for those that don't know, he does all the voices for all the song of ice and fire audiobooks).

Originally they wanted Roy Dotrice to play grand maester Pycelle, but he couldn't do it at the time for health reasons, so I am glad they have found ways to fit him in the show whenever they can. He is awesome, especially for being so old, I think he is 89, and yet he can still do all the different voices for the audiobooks. He actually broke the world record for doing so many different voices in an audiobook.

^re: boobs

what do you think?

In other boob news, what is it with the Stark girls and stealing the show? Sansa's scenes in this episode were every bit as good as those between Tywin and Arya in the past few ones. Her entire character, from the script, to the actress, to Martin's characterization have been absolutely top notch. I specifically loved the scene where Joffrey forces her to kiss his sword.

^re: boobs

what do you think?

In other boob news, what is it with the Stark girls and stealing the show? Sansa's scenes in this episode were every bit as good as those between Tywin and Arya in the past few ones. Her entire character, from the script, to the actress, to Martin's characterization have been absolutely top notch. I specifically loved the scene where Joffrey forces her to kiss his sword.

I am still confused about the boobs comment.

But I also Loved Sansa in this episode, Sophie turner did such a good job. Her facial expressions were so perfect when she said, "I'm sorry your grace, your right, I'm stupid. Of course you'll be in the vanguard. They say my brother Robb always goes where the fightings thickest, and he's only a pretender." I was seriously clapping for Sansa in that scene, she owned Joffrey. I also really liked her lines to Tyrion.

(Sansa) "i will pray for your safe return my lord."

(Tyrion) "you will?"

(Sansa) "just as I pray for the Kings"

Bronn and Sandor were also both very awesome in this episode, same goes for Stannis.

few boobs divided by lots of swords = a very little ratio. how is that hard to understand ?

also I read Tyrion's bio on the internet afterwards and read a lot too far... shit.

Edited by freecat

few boobs divided by lots of swords = a very little ratio. how is that hard to understand ?

also I read Tyrion's bio on the internet afterwards and read a lot too far... shit.

Well I wasn't quite sure, because so many people have been bitching about there being to much "pointless nudity" in the show this season. So that's why I was confused, but your right, for a big battle like that, there should have been more boobs. People should have been having sex left, right, and center, they could all die that night, so they should have been screwing everything.

I think it's funny that Tyrion and Shae are constantly having sex in a clash of kings(book two)). Shae is literally naked and having sex with Tyrion, pretty much everytime Tyrion goes to see her. They have sex more than anybody else in the whole book, and yet we have only seen Shae's boobs in her first episode, when she first meets Tyrion, and they haven't shown them having sex at all really, this season.

You would think the show wouldn't pass up any chance to show nudity, especially when it's in the book, but no, they can only show Littlefinger's whores naked this season. Like book readers give a damn about seeing them naked. I have no problem with all the nudity, but I do wish they would stick to the nudity from the books. There is plenty to choose from in the books, that's why it makes no sense for them to add in all these made up scenes, just so they can show nudity.

Take some scenes from the books!

Well I wasn't quite sure, because so many people have been bitching about there being to much "pointless nudity" in the show this season. So that's why I was confused, but your right, for a big battle like that, there should have been more boobs. People should have been having sex left, right, and center, they could all die that night, so they should have been screwing everything.

not on this forum

Since when has (new) HBO not had a shitload of pointless nudity??? Do you guys not recall all those ridiculous lesbian scenes in the first season of Boardwalk Empire... those were necessary.

Do I really even need to mention True Blood? Every episode is like 30 minutes of titties and 20 minutes of shite storyline. Sookie still has some nice tits... and dat gap. :)

Since when has (new) HBO not had a shitload of pointless nudity??? Do you guys not recall all those ridiculous lesbian scenes in the first season of Boardwalk Empire... those were necessary.

Do I really even need to mention True Blood? Every episode is like 30 minutes of titties and 20 minutes of shite storyline. Sookie still has some nice tits... and dat gap. :)

Hey true blood is a good show, one of the best after game of thrones in my opinion.

But on other forums people are constantly bitching about the pointless nudity, mainly people are tired of seeing Littlefinger's whores, because they are not real characters from the books. Us book readers want to see the characters we love get naked and have sex, not some dumb made up whore. However I am a guy so I still proffer naked nameless whores to no nudity at all. I would just like it better if it was some of the hot ass cast they have playing real characters getting naked, instead.

(Emilia Clarke, roxanne mckee, Oona Chaplin, Rose Leslie, Natalie dormer, Natalie Taena, carice van houten, lena headey) those are the ones they should be showing naked, and they have shown a few of them, but not enough, and not all of them. I don't get why Lena headey won't get naked, she did for 300, why not game of thrones? But a lot of those actress's in that list will get naked for the show, that's why I don't understand them not making more nude scenes with them, instead of Littlefinger's whores.

Anna Paquin does have some nice boobs though, and a killer body, and believe it or not, I have grown to love that gap in her teeth.