Got my VANS on and they look like sneakers [official vans threak]

homi29

Obliviously the price point is going to be high on these. Double branding and sheepskin dont equate to cheap. Great pair of shoes though. Jp retail on the Sacai Vans is. c.37,000. Add on maybe another 30% for US/UK retail. Union is stocking them. Not such a fan of the black highs. Like the lows for women though.

damn thats kinda wack, first gosha then sacai. i'm all for designer shoes and whatever but they are still made in china with shitty soft rubber soles. but damn... $400+ for some thick shearling (no idea if its even real) ayyeeee

damn thats kinda wack, first gosha then sacai. i'm all for designer shoes and whatever but they are still made in china with shitty soft rubber soles. but damn... $400+ for some thick shearling (no idea if its even real) ayyeeee

it's not gonna be real let's not kid ourselves here

• 2 weeks later...

i've been looking for all white sneakers for a while, i love the all-white reissues vans released a little while ago. i'm still undecided whether to cop the low or hi-top, i don't own any hi-tops shoes so it would be nice to have those but i'm not so sure i'll be confortable wearing them in public.

that's the kind of look i'm going after, with black skinny. is there a way to soften the leather directly so i don't have to wear them everyday for a year before they start looking a little more laidback-ish?

nGpCHZo.jpg

I work at Vans here in WA. You have a couple options they have just that standard canvas/suede Sk8-His in all white, but they also just release the XTUFF Suede all white ones in a Sk8-Hi as well. The canvas/suede ones are definitely gonna break in much quicker, but the XTUFF suede will last a lot longer if you plan to skate them at all.

-Edwin

fmasque, you could try and wash them (maybe on a delicate setting), some people put theirs in the microwave.

ahaha the second option seem a little extreme - i'll try the first one, thanks m8

I work at Vans here in WA. You have a couple options they have just that standard canvas/suede Sk8-His in all white, but they also just release the XTUFF Suede all white ones in a Sk8-Hi as well. The canvas/suede ones are definitely gonna break in much quicker, but the XTUFF suede will last a lot longer if you plan to skate them at all.

-Edwin

i don't plan to skate them at all but the look of worn out leather is just too great to pass on. i'll be coping them in a week, i'm getting them at half their price since i got a friend working at vans in paris

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

anyone know where i can readily buy some solid black suede eras or authentics WITHOUT the foxing stripe?  

(i've looked around, and i could only find suede 'authentic slims' -- which has the low sole, NOT what i'm looking for)

here's an example... (from nitty gritty store)

http://www.nittygrittystore.com/men/footwear/authentic-suede-black

OE33Uma.jpg
Wc6yYH1.jpg

Those deacons were only in tan, navy, and maroon. They did a similar pair in a black nubuck but the heel is brown. Honestly if those authentics at nittygritty are semi sold out and new, most other stockists will get them. I said the same about the all white leather slip-ons and they slowly trickled into other boutiques. 

If you can´t find them anywhere, there´s always the option of going custom.

it appears that the custom options on the vans website aren't for suede.  correct me if i'm wrong

• 2 weeks later...