Got my VANS on and they look like sneakers [official vans threak]

homi29

have they ever done a white/gum sole slip ons? basically these in slip on: 

1_286200_FS.JPG

^I second that question, except in black.  I've been looking for a good black slip on with a red gum sole for a while now

Edit:  added a quote because of new page

Edited by Schoon

Good buy.  I have a pair of Sk8-His on the way, and they'll be my first pair as well.  I saw these on /fa/ a while back, and though they turned out great.

Eventually gonna have to pick up a pair of black and white ones, and color/paint all the stitching black.  Such a clean look.

I know its not on the same level but they released sk8 hi deconstructs before which were all black suede and black stitched stripe. Add white laces and they actually look great. MPC60 rocked a pair a lot in his old rick fits and it looks like an entirely diff shoe with white laces. 

vans-sk8-hi-deconstruct-suede-3.jpg

Edited by Fycus

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good buy.  I have a pair of Sk8-His on the way, and they'll be my first pair as well.  I saw these on /fa/ a while back, and though they turned out great.

Rvey8A4.jpg

Eventually gonna have to pick up a pair of black and white ones, and color/paint all the stitching black.  Such a clean look.

removing the black trim on the white sole is what sets it off.  im doing this shit tonight.

drunk.

Yeah but wouldn´´t you risk smearing the black paint all over the rest of the sole?

Could one just use a hairdryer and peel the stripe off? Someone did that with his first string Chucks, I wonder how he did it. I tried it on an old (regular) pair and ripped off some of the sole as well...

What's good with waterproof joints?

I'm looking for a daily beater that will keep my feet relatively dry when I bike to campus (+they'll get beat up from my cages).

I'm looking at the waxed authentics right now but I wanted to see if anything else was out there

Well guys, I decided to get a couple paint markers and color the stitching, as well as the pinstripe.

14042554371_162b0d6d96_b.jpg

14045741905_2f87f51b25_b.jpg

14045741035_a0005b12a3_b.jpg

14045739795_ae30e6c711_b.jpg

Overall I'm pretty happy with how these came out, however I'm almost 100% positive that the paint on the pinstripe will crack off.  Will try using a razor blade or X-Acto Knife to remove the stripe from an older pair soon.

Redstar if you removed the Vans logo thingy they´d look even better.

Word.  I tried removing the foxing stripe (please excuse my ignorance readytoignite) on a beat to shit pair of Eras last night and it didn't turn out too well.  I was using an old X-Acto knife though, so maybe a newer, sturdier one will do the trick.  Once I've gotten that down, I'll try and tackle the red Vans logo.