Supermusic: Soundtrack To Your Day

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats depressing. and lame.

I can't be nice on this one. This coming from the same forum that is now revisiting old Cameo albums and declaring them brilliant for the "drunk guy yelling in the background."

You want to be trendy fine, but I survived the eighties. Take it from those of us who were alive then. The eighties weren't cool UNTIL Nirvana. Sure, I'd rather be Cameo alive then Kurt Cobain dead, but not without thinking about it for a sec.

i never liked nirvana, and i grew up in the aftermath of all of it. i went through a phase where i was like "maybe this is good" but honestly, its not. and its not that the musics so bad, its that cobain has been given this status that is ill-fitting compared to how much more important pearl jam (who i also dislike) or the smashing pumpkins, or many other bands from that time are. i dunno, after seeing what impact "grunge" had on music, its hard to ignore it, but there are good bands from that time - i just don't consider nirvana one of them.

also - fuck cameo. it blows my mind how "fashionably ironic" it seems to embrace them, and other bands that would seem "stylish" because of the revivals that embrace them now and days (the bravery, the futureheads, etc. etc.)

but because trends and fads are cyclical, it is only fitting that fashion embraces a time of awful fashion, and music embraces a time of awful music. thus the irony is embraced as well.

B00000AGA0.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

np: i was a teenage hand model

Yesterdays soundtrack was:

The Parrots (Japanese Beatles tribute band! - Amazing!)

Amy Winehouse (Annoying UK tabloid trash - Shit)

The Coral (Pretty good)

Supergrass (Meh, not the biggest fan)

And Arctic Monkeys (Awesome)

At the Arctic Monkeys gig, Lancashire County Cricket Ground

£3.10 a beer, hour long queues....well worth it