the short duu treak. how to maintain swag under 5'6''?

bruised

I recommend UC or maybe Acne/ Epaulet? My best fitting trousers are the UC, followed by the Acne, Epaulet's are roomy but I think I'm down to a 28 in them now :confused:

You're gonna have the get the shit hemmed regardless, so just get one of those, especially if you're waify, I'm not so waify. Acne's are rad, but I need a 44? Gotta get the waist taken in. Otherwise, a strong recommendation for a slim straight fit, the UC though are straight up like, skinny trousers. So rad though.

I'm gettin pretty sick of not finding dress pants that fit well. azn +j fit like shit on me, the rise is too big and they don't make sizes for children.

anybody got any recommendations for a place to get slim fitting pants in smaller sizes without going custom?

i think you're just used to low rise jeans. pull up the trousers all the way and then hem them accordingly?

i think you're just used to low rise jeans. pull up the trousers all the way and then hem them accordingly?

This.

You have to keep in mind trousers are not meant to fit like jeans. They are usually cut with a higher rise and fit looser through the leg. There are a few notable low-rise exceptions (Lad Musician "slim slacks," certain Balenciaga cuts, and these Jil Sander trousers come to mind) -- we'll come back to these later.

If you are used to wearing untucked tops and skinny jeans, swapping your bottom coordinate for a pair of dress pants is going to make you feel very uncomfortable.

That said, dress pants are designed to be worn with shirts tucked in, creating a silhouette that sets your waist higher and creates a graceful line down to the hem. This lengthens your figure in a different but good way.

I find that there's much less room for error when tucking, so the fit of your top coordinates becomes much more important. With less visual torso length, you'll want to pick a shirt with enough volume to balance the size of your face and your desired leg silhouette. At this point, it's about figuring out what works for your own proportions.

Jumping back to the aforementioned low-rise pants -- you want to be careful with them. Low rise pants make your waist block look small, and without a longer top hanging over to equalize your proportions, they are really unforgiving. If you don't have a very slim torso, long skinny legs, and a smallish face, you will look very frumpy when you tuck your shirt into them.

Thanks for the replies everyone

Just to note,

before I buy any pants I always know I have to get a hem(NONE of my pants are stock length)

I realize that dressier pants are supposed to be pulled up higher and the thighs a little looser, but in the case of the +js i had to pull them up to about my navel and they still looked pretty big(lots of hip flare too). The problem was it didn't fit me in the waist/crotch/thigh properly to begin with. So in other words it didn't fit me at all =/

tbh I don't even know why I thought they would fit on me(being a true 26-27)

btw I didn't really mean to come across as looking for something with a smaller rise, just brands that make pants in smaller sizes in general.

Thanks for the replies everyone

Just to note,

before I buy any pants I always know I have to get a hem(NONE of my pants are stock length)

I realize that dressier pants are supposed to be pulled up higher and the thighs a little looser, but in the case of the +js i had to pull them up to about my navel and they still looked pretty big(lots of hip flare too). The problem was it didn't fit me in the waist/crotch/thigh properly to begin with. So in other words it didn't fit me at all =/

tbh I don't even know why I thought they would fit on me(being a true 26-27)

btw I didn't really mean to come across as looking for something with a smaller rise, just brands that make pants in smaller sizes in general.

true 26-27... might wanna consider girl pants or tailored

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

imo I don't like the look of things tucked into jeans anyways.

Also, hightops definitely look terrible on most short dus. Fucks up the break and makes your legs look even shorter. But there are some hitops where I just don't give a fuck and cop anyways.

btw any short dus know how to size on raf velcros? are they pretty tts?

• 2 months later...

anyone got recommendations for tshirts? i think I'm like some of the other dudes here where a medium fits proper in the shoulders/chest but length is a lil lame. I've got a few brands where i know i can cop a med and shrink the shit out of the length in the wash but thats not really something i wanna experiment with every single time. suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...
Posted · Hidden by snahfu, February 10, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by snahfu, February 10, 2012 - No reason given

5 6/7 here, very skinny

i've owned the follow apcs

ns 25,26,28

ps 27

nc 27

my current favorite fit are the hemmed new standards (26). I just wish they were slightly slimmer, especially in the hem. I'm trying to grab a pair of ps size 29 since my size 27s are too tight on me.

• 4 months later...

What i find problematic about buying clothes is that everything in my (vertical) size is too tight over my chest and shoulders, so i have to size up. Most of my shirts are way too long, and tailoring is super expensive here.

What i need are brands that make short and wide fitting clothes. Sportswear brands like nike usually fits perfectly,

Also, what i like about this thread is that even though i'm really short, i'm still taller than most posters here.

• 3 months later...

5'5"/115 lbs here. i wear xs across the board, so japanese brands work best for my body type. dbss and lad musician make the best basic tees ever for my dimensions. uu easy tees are excellent beaters, but i found their fit a little inconsistent (a couple of mine fit a little shorter and slimmer than the rest, though they're all from ss12). most of the tops i have are designed to be more forgiving (ov, _7, tva) so they can work very well for shorter guys if you're into the layering and drapery entailed. ma_julius also fits ridiculously well and offers a bit more structure than typical _7 fare.

as far as bottoms go, i'm a true 28" waist, but i have narrow hips so anything low rise is the enemy most of the time. for beaters, i wear size 25 in apc madras petit standard (skinny) and black stretch denim (still skinny, but a little more relaxed in the top block. i believe these are the new cure cut). 26 in drkshdw fits my proportions nicely (nice and slim, but not overly tight), and though size 1 in brands like kka, _7, and tva are typically too large in the waist/thigh area, dbss' low rise denim (my pair is from aw09) somehow fits perfectly.

also, as previously mentioned, no high tops ever.

boots are okay tho (i myself am guilty of tucking, just can't help it~)

Edited by Denpatou