the short duu treak. how to maintain swag under 5'6''?

bruised

buy pants that fit good in waist/ass/crotch that are still comfy with the details you like, than alter/ taper legs to refine fit. almost always hem. too much stack looks really dum.

Halomunkey

stated this earlier, but uniqlo slim straight (s-001) fits me extremely well along with their washed chinos. all hemmed to a 30 inseam :) 5'7 155 brolic build (cutting to <145 now tho)

i'll throw up a photo in a pair when i can

I've been looking for some new jeans so I did a phone order for the s001s last week. Looking forward to the arrival this thursday and your post gives me reassurance that they will turn out to be the fit im looking for! but i am a bit worried since they only had my size (29) with a 34 inch inseam..

It doesn't mean much, if we account for the proportions of azns/whitey/brothers, ethnic stock and age group I bet people on fashion forum trend toward average, don't forget that 5'6" or 6'1 are part of the average height range in a place like the US. Maybe we have slightly slimmer people but even then I'm not sure when ethnic stock and age is considered, loads of people are relatively skinny at less than 25.

It's mainly Asian people in the first camp and white/non-Asian dudes in the second. I was mainly pointing out, though, that there seems to be fewer guys in the 5'10ish-6'0/1 segment than there are on the lower an upper ends of the range, it's kind of startling via my data.

5'6", and 130lbs. I find that I like wearing more straight legged jeans as they fit more relaxed, but the only thing I have is the leg opening, so if anyone is getting a pair of pants >8" for the leg opening and have short legs (30"ish inseam), get them hemmed, unless you plan on having big cuffs. Otherwise, if you are short, it looks better imo to wear skinny jeans and have them stack with lets say a 7" leg opening, rather than someone who is 6'1"+ trying to wear skinny jeans.

I am in the middle though, I don't wear full cut jeans anymore, but I don't like skinny anymore so I usually wear around an 8" leg opening with my jeans, with a 32-33"inseam, for short stacks and nothing overwhelming.

What I have trouble is just getting shirts because I just wear t-shirts, and I find a S will eventually become too small, and a M will be too big.

As for shoes I find that wearing Red Wings suit me fine, then again they aren't that chunky. My shoes that I wear aren't skinny, but they aren't chunky, they tend to fit my jeans over the top because that's how I like them.

It's mainly Asian people in the first camp and white/non-Asian dudes in the second. I was mainly pointing out, though, that there seems to be fewer guys in the 5'10ish-6'0/1 segment than there are on the lower an upper ends of the range, it's kind of startling via my data.

I think americanhearts hit it on the head. 5'10-6'0 peeps prob can find clothes that fit them perfectly no problem. I dunno why but stayhandsome sticks out in my mind as always having great proportions. I bet he falls in that range.

Also I bet mrchairybrown could give us some insight on short duu jacket and shirt fittings.

(drew, I'm still waiting for the release of a nice Slim pleated pant!)

Might be your specific clientele or that people round up at some point (maybe think they are taller) or any other reason. I still don't see any reason to think Sufu skewz one way or another height-wise.

I am tempted to start a thread for 6'4" 300 pound guys...

"Regular fit" is pretty much "slim fit" for you?

How do big people find clothes? Do you buy Tall Tees at Foot Locker?

"Regular fit" is pretty much "slim fit" for you?

How do big people find clothes? Do you buy Tall Tees at Foot Locker?

Naw, I'm lucky in that XL AA tees fit me. I have some XXL for when I am working out (easier to move around in, and they're longer so I don't get crack when I'm, say, doing dead-lifts or something).

But yea sometimes finding clothes is a bitch. And shoes? I'm a 13E. Forget about it.

Don't even get me started on clipless bike shoes.

Do you size tts on em? Was gonna take a chance on a pair on the market but second guessed it.
i need to try on the acne hex in person

where at in nyc?

Dunno. I got some size 26. sz 27 was too big on me.

Tried them on beforehand at some store and bought them on Sufu from crissyw (thanks again!)

I guess they're available at plenty places, but the ACNE store is your best bet.

^ opening ceremony has them...at least the one in LA.

Sizing is kinda weird. Some would say size up but if you're really skinny Id say go true tts. I wear 25 PS and I bought the same size in hex cash. Fit is awesome.

^fuqq yeah. 16.5 shoulders but sooooo long every time

It seems like I'm the only short dude like this but I find that if I buy jeans with a taper they always end up being a little loose in the thigh while being too tight in the calves or is it just that PS fits that way?...iono

Suggestions?

I think that's just a combination of the PS cut and raw fabric...

If you're in the LA area, I highly recommend trying on some THVM (THEM) Atelier jeans. I have three pairs which are pretty much the only jeans I wear anymore. The sizing can vary with cut and fabric, but I'll try my best to break it down for everyone:

For reference, I take size 26 in APC NS, NC (femme) and PS

1. "tapered" in green cast - by far my favorite silhouette, a mid-rise slim straight jean with a boxy top block that tapers just enough to barely graze my calves. super soft fabric that appears to be a dark waxed indigo with greenish hues. hemmed for slight break, really lengthens my legs. Size 28, 30" waist (aligned), 6.5" leg opening

2. "skinny" (men's) in black overdye - mid-rise skinny jean with a slouchy top block. probably the most comfortable pair of jeans I own, perfect for tucking into boots and sneakers. Size 29, ~31" waist, 6" leg opening

note: I sized these for my legs, which are pretty damn slim but not devoid of muscle. That said, the waist is pretty loose and the legs fit snug and not tight. I like having the option to wear them super slouched or higher up with a belt. If you have ectomorphic legs, you can probably size down for a tighter waist.

3. "skinny" (women's low rise) in beige chemical wash - super low rise skinny straight jean. hangs off the hips and is snug, not tight, all the way down. beautiful sand color with faint marbled veins of earthy tones and white. My pair is a size 30, and the general consensus is that the chemical wash jeans run a size or two smaller.

The waist size measurements might seem a bit big at first but you have to take into account the low rise and design--these jeans are meant to have more breathing room in the waist and crotch. The measurements are comparable to those of Lad Musician's size 42 pants.

If you're interested in trying them on, Am Rag has a bunch. THVM Atelier also has its own showroom / retail space downtown near little Tokyo.

1317 PALMETTO ST.

LOS ANGELES, CA 90013

Brian and Olga, the designers, are a married couple and the nicest people you'll ever meet. Olga told me they took specs from APC, Dior, and Acne, and pulled the best ones to create their own jeans. I think the result is like a super-jean of sorts.

//////

On a different note though, what shoes would look good with these pants?

juunjtrenchpleatedtrous.jpg

I think my Balenciaga trainers will do, but curious of what you guys think?