the short duu treak. how to maintain swag under 5'6''?

bruised

i am only 5'6'' and not exactly skinny by any means.

been going to gym also, and now growing out of pants and such. i have come to the conclusion to not wear such skinny pants anymore.

how should a short du dress and still maintain swag?

tips? examples? thoughts?

calling on scott.m and others 5'6'' and under preferably.

problems i have: i am usually a medium in most designers and unfortunately when they make things fit bigger guys, they also make up for taller guys, so if something fits me in chest and shoulders, its usually also too long for me in the arms and body. sleeves can be fixed by a roll up but...

shoes almost always look too bulky or something.

hightops usually not a good look.

some things i have done:

buy pants that fit good in waist/ass/crotch that are still comfy with the details you like, than alter/ taper legs to refine fit. almost always hem. too much stack looks really dum.

only hang out with people shorter than me. just kidding.

i will slap a bitch if they think i'm "cute" don't like working that angle.

any designers out there translate well for men of my stature?

i would just stop eating and get skinny to help my cause but not an option for me at this point.

mellowfellow is short, but skinny

hail, you have the right idea in wearing dark colors

i'm 5'7/8, and this is what i usually do:

- hem (one cuff preferred) / taper

- no stacks

- almost always black jeans

- no high tops (clarks db's are master chef-wear, though)

Vamp, Daphne, and Epoc all look over 5'8 and I think Mellow is 5'5/5'6.

I stay away from pants with low rises because it just takes away added length from your legs.

hmmm, i would imagine a taller rise making inseam shorter. i am not a fan of low rise myself. also the slouchy thing don't really work for me per say

hmmm, i would imagine a taller rise making inseam shorter. i am not a fan of low rise myself. also the slouchy thing don't really work for me per say

I worded that one wrong. Less length in the rise, the better imo. I also never sag.

Short arms = tricky cuffing. Cuff too much, your upper arms look short, too little and your forearms look like baby arms.

Shirt length is still up in the air for me.

ahhh yes. how he do that? even wearing 3 button blazers no problem. nick wooster doing it right, but not into the sartorial thing. i think he does well because he mostly wears perfectly tailored suits. need more of what kids wearing in the streets.

maybe time to look at jap street fashion blogs.

mellowfellow is short, but skinny

hail, you have the right idea in wearing dark colors

i'm 5'7/8, and this is what i usually do:

- hem (one cuff preferred) / taper

- no stacks

- almost always black jeans

- no high tops (clarks db's are master chef-wear, though)

good tips.

one thing that pisses me off is when they make pants bigger to fit people wth wider waists, they also increase the hem opening by way too much. ankles don't really get fat on anyone no matter the waist size.

i am prob a 31 waist but still perfer a hem opening of 18cm.

one thing that pisses me off is when they make pants bigger to fit people wth wider waists, they also increase the hem opening by way too much. ankles don't really get fat on anyone no matter the waist size.

i am prob a 31 waist but still perfer a hem opening of 18cm.

Honestly I'm 6'1 and I get my pants tapered most of the time.

My legs are skinny for my waist size so I take my jeans and stuff to the tailor.

It's all about how well you define your silhouette

Also you want to appear widest at the shoulders, and have your pants/sleeves be the perfect length.

very true. i am still always thinking about silhouette. so much so that i have yet to fux with colors of out fits so i stay mostly dark, which i think works out for me.

have learned to sew because of my shortness. almost all my pants are tapered.

for shirts in general, higher arm holes also help.