wrestling is so cool

NAUSEA

no one posted wrestlemania 17? aka stone cold v the rock? aka the best match of all time? aka the greatest matchup in sporting entertainment history? aka whenever i watch it, i want to be a wrestler, because that match was so legendary and epic, it appeared that the two wrestlers were in fact the greatest of warriors earth had ever produced, and they were putting it all on the line for the biggest sporting achievement in the modern era - the heavyweight championship.

no one posted that?

no one posted wrestlemania 17? aka stone cold v the rock? aka the best match of all time? aka the greatest matchup in sporting entertainment history? aka whenever i watch it, i want to be a wrestler, because that match was so legendary and epic, it appeared that the two wrestlers were in fact the greatest of warriors earth had ever produced, and they were putting it all on the line for the biggest sporting achievement in the modern era - the heavyweight championship.

no one posted that?

god yeah.. this, million times over

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I started wrestling in 6th grade and sucked dick at it but loved it. I played football in the offseason and everyone bitched about how hard the practices were and it didn't feel bad at all.

I started attending wrestling academies the summer before 7th, being the worst one there but learning a ton and went to mizzou wrestling camp.

I got good 7th grade. Then 8th grade I got tired of it and didn't keep going in high school. Shit was so physically draining but man I miss how good of shape I was in.

Then I started eating cheeseburgers a lot and got fat. I have a shit load of respect for anyone who wrestles.

Found myself and a close friend/past wrestling teammate drunkenly reminiscing in the middle of the street at 5am last night about our wrestling days.

It ended somewhat bittersweet when we realized we would never experience that level of intense camaraderie ever again, apart from joining the military or some shit extreme.

I took some pre-reqs at a JC 2 years ago and I kind of wanted to get back wrestling again. I was a 112 in high school so I expected to get in the 125s class, turned out not only was I 150-something but I got my ass handed to me all day on the mat by a bunch of high schoolers half my size. :(

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...