wrestling is so cool

NAUSEA

Cael is good, but John Smith is great! As a smaller guy, I'm more attracted to his style. Love the fact that Jordan Oliver tries to emulate him too.

On topic. I used to have a tape of a hardy boyz match with the dudley brothers and on that same tape was a bout between the Undertaker/Big Show and the short-lived Rock&Sock Connection!

And my god was The Assman metro as fuck.

Mr. Fucking Perfect rocked a singlet

I'm tempted to neg, but I know it's just a joke.

I'm hijacking this thread for REAL wrestling.

Ahh...back in the good ol' days.

3/4th after a sprawl? I think..lol

10HSCV1628.jpg

I won the tourney..

10HSCV1641.jpg

Anybody else have some shots of themselves? After I'm done getting physical therapy on my knee (torn meniscus) I think I'm gonna get back into it.

c5W4RZq1NRg

Oh, anybody have any thoughts on Robles winning the NCAA championships?

For those of you that don't know, a one legged wrestler one the NCAA championship for his weight division. Even if you're not into wrestling, try giving it a watch. It's interesting and a great example of how mind of matter can go a long way.

@Dioxic Which tourney was that and what year?

I've got a pair of pictures but they're pretty weak looking.

And that cat Robles has the upper-body of a ~150lber. TBH, I haven't confidently determined how much of a disadvantage, if any, he is at without a leg. Nowadays kids wrestle with that one knee on the ground shit that we were always coached not to do anyways. Once he's that low, there's not much you can do to take him down unless you have a mean headlock game (goodluck against that upperbody) or can misdirect and spin behind him fast enough. And that top game, my god, he tilts like a mother fucker with so much ease...

I believe it was the Clayton Valley Invitational in 09/10? In Cali. It was a weak tourney to be honest lol. I wrestled for Mission..we have the MSJ Invitational every year, it's a pretty highly ranked tournament in the state. I have to say my favorite Cali tournament though is the Tim Brown Memorial, sponsored by Asics in Sacramento.

ke1, where / when did you wrestle?

Sufu wrestling meeting up lol.

As for Robles, I think he has the body of almost a 180lber not a 150lber....and I definitely noticed that leg thing my senior year, but it's mostly amongst lighter to middle weights. I used to do it sometimes, but it wasn't really my favorite technique..

You're right I'm not even sure if he has any disadvantages when he's this far in the game, but you have to imagine starting out it took some strong mental reservation as most people probably assumed he couldn't achieve much in a sport like that with one leg (although ironically it's one of the few sports that somebody with one leg could potentially excel at) There's been some other great wrestlers with disabilities too (we all know the blind disney wrestler :rolleyes: ) and there was a great special I saw awhile back on a kid with no limbs who still made it to the state tournament and won a few matches I believe.

@Dioxic I wrestled at Warren from 05-08 when I graduated. Wrestled a year at Cerritos College shortly after. Moved onto Babalu's Gracie Barra following that. Was never a standout wrestler (2-2 at CIF =/) but I've rolled with some D-1 cats from Cal-State Fullerton and won plenty so I take petty pride in that =]

The only standouts my school produced were Nick Huizar a few years back and Damien Gomez (103?) who probably wrestled when you did.

@gfunkdocta - Did you really have to set that shit on autoplay??

@ke1 - Dope, unfortunately neither of them ring a bell. I'm familiar with a few Gomez', but none of them are named Damien.

After high school I stopped competing. Not by choice, but I went to Jr. College to save my parents money...I probably could have gotten into a midtier school on a wrestling scholarship, but that wasn't my goal really. I was planning to compete in FILA etc, but I messed up my knee, so we'll see where that'll leave me a few months from now.

Either way, it's dope that there are other wrestlers on sufu.