wtf? bape?

Guest dontcaretoomuchforcrap

yeah, it looks like its fake. I dont know whats goin on in NIGO's head. he looks like the biggest fool how he emulates american rappers, who imo have the worst, most unoriginal style around, he looks like their little pet taking photos for BET n shit with like 7 iced out neckalces n stuff. Guy looks like an ass. He's like some little kid who fell in with the bad crowd and is desperately trying to get accepted. shame cus his old lines were awesome.

well, i never liked bapes and still don't understand why people like the stuffs. well, as far as he's looking like a rapper and all that funk, i think he's noticing the "underground" market starting to fell off and what better way to switch to a different market by letting rappers wear your kicks (he probably handed to them of course) and affiliate yourself with the "urban, hiphop" culture in america. has the bapes been hype too much? or is it really worth it? i don't know, i know for sure that i never liked the shoes.

?

yeah i feel that, im not a big sneakerhead so i wouldnt rock bapestas. I've felt like bape has fallen off majorly.....just a few weeks ago i saw a BAPEXGOODCHARLOTTE collabo tee on concept shop. jeez louise, wtf is that? the guy is clueless. i sold off all my items in the next 2 weeks. all i have left is a new NYC sweatshirt cus my girl got it for me.

I remember the time in 1999-2000 where stuff were really2 limited followed by an increase amount of collectors and followers for bape.

And now bape stuff are just everywhere but I wouldnt blame nigo for going commercial, this business is all about the survival of the fittest and everyone needs money and hell I'd do it if there's a chance.

Yea I wouldnt blame em, but I wouldnt buy his stuff either :-P

One of Bapes orginal caims to fame in the hip hop world is a farse. You know the Shawn Mortensen photo of Biggie (March, 1997 - just two days before he was shot) where he's got a Bape Duckhunter camo on... Well, the jacket was not his and he's not even wearing it. One of Shawns friends had it on and they just draped it over Biggie. If you look closely at the photo Biggies not even wearing it. Its just layed over him. That photo got a lot of rappers and hip hop heads introduced to Bape.

yeah man,

but how about this, I was on the DQM website last week ( as i usually browse websites neurotically cus i'm upstate at school and far away from anything interesting) and i checke dout a buncha the pics on his website and sure enough, there was a photo of the guy from good charlotte in the store and shit.....I dunno what to think....

bape x good charlotte...can't see the sense.

Some of the colab. designs have been poor lately, but there are still some good things comin' from bape.

I picked up the beige skull stas and tomorrow the blue camo full-zip hoody is rumoured to be released in BWS Tokyo. I'm chasin' that.

^^^^ vintage died years ago when A&F and American Eagle got their shit out :( but yeah i saw nigo in the new snoop's video, muhfucker look clueless sitting there with his platinum chain around him by a bunch of chicks. he looked like he's a lost child.... so sad so sowweee

?

NIgo is trying to make BAPE a super luxury brand like Vuitton or something (he's a big fan). Kinda the opposite to what it used to be. Interesting direction. Looking forward to what he makes out of it.

Nigo's got good style. Always evolving and well thought out. My favourite is his new full-platinum teeth! Since he was a fashion editor for Popeye Mag way back he's had a good eye for denim etc.

Don't know what he's thinking with his Good Charlotte collab tho'. Maybe he's getting older and losing his eye for cool. W)Taps had it right as far as punk bands go with its JFA collaboration.

I put his brains all over the street sos u could see what he was just thinkin

I don't really have any feelings either way foR BAPE but I do have a couple of questions

How long has it been going? More to the point, how long have they been riding this "planet of the apes"thing? I mean, FUCT were incorporating that imagery into their designs when I was still in high school- i.e. pre 1995.

Just curious...