624 posts in this topic

I would probably own five pairs of NBs if I had not gone to DC two weeks ago and saw every other drug dealer wearing every pair I wanted. What ever happened to drug dealers wearing track suits and flip flops.

cats in DC have ALWAYS rocked NB. I'm not from there but us NY dudes used to make fun of them for it often

i need 205's SO BAD

New Balance taps its strong running heritage with the reissue of the New Balance 205 the racing shoe, named in honor of US Marathoner Khalid Khannouchi’s then world record of 2:05:42 set in the Chicago Marathon in 1999.

Khalid later wore the RC205WR when he bettered his time to 2:05:38 during the 2002 London Marathon.

This time still stands as an American Record for the 26.2 mile distance.

the-new-balance-205-named-in-honor-of-us-marathoner-khalid-khannouchi.jpg

new-balance-205-named-in-honor-of-us-marathoner-khalid-khannouchi.png

new-balance-205-rcwr.jpg

5527946971_b5efd7809b.jpg

ml205gwy_nb_02_i

rc205wr_nb_10_i

light as fuck too! 7.8oz swag

It's funny cuz the 574 was always the budget ass, lesser-than NB that college bros would cop for $49.99 on sale at FootAction.

damn this thread really exist.....

let me join up...

pick this up 2 years ago and still havent wear em yet

The Vault

P1010007-1.jpg

P1010010.jpg

P1010011-1.jpg

P1010012-1.jpg

WHEN did this New Balance thing start?

WHO is doing their PR?

WHICH bloggers set it all off?

and HOW MUCH are they getting paid????

i remember NBs + camo shorts being the combo of choice for sxe hardcore bands back in the day (95, 96).

honestly will say that I wear new balances because of this trend. not that i was ever sXe, but yeah.

my collection out here in LA. I have a bunch more at home. I actually have the entire sns 577's first series (blue/yellow), properxNB, mt555 trail green brown and mt555 black/purple

5659730358_9ee6898a1b_z.jpg

snsxnb 577 1st series made in UK, 1300's USA, 999's USA.

i remember NBs + camo shorts being the combo of choice for sxe hardcore bands back in the day (95, 96).

saucony, too. both are still a vegan straight edge staple.

scene.jpg

that was my outfit basically every day from the age of 16-19. throw in a chain of strength hoodie and replace the saucony's with some dunks - i'm set.

edit: i had that exact same bane shirt, probably still have it lying around somewhere.

the whole trend started in japland

a bunch of select shops, stylists, and magazines have been pushing the higher numbered NBs like crazy over the past few years

i'd say it kinda started with non-streetwear collabos ala foot the coacher new balances

cats in DC have ALWAYS rocked NB. I'm not from there but us NY dudes used to make fun of them for it often

hahaha so true. granted, I havnt been everything in the world so I cant speak for any other areas but mine. I remember going to other places (NY, NJ, Toronto, TX, Philly etc.) in my younger days and people ALWAYS made fun of me for wearing NB. It was always the "grandpa" shoe. Like I said before people in DC (im sure other places) have been wearing NBs forever. I regret selling my beinghunted 575 and colette 1500s. 992's 996's and 999's was the choice of NB when I was in gradeschool. 574 was the bulky alternative for those that couldnt spend a little more. Never liked 574s and dont understand those that wear them. The only thing new to me is all the pretentious muthafuckas who get butt hurt about where NBs were made. For a collector or anyone that appreciates a product to that degree, I understand but here, folks just enjoyed the style and it was a comfortable shoe to kick around daily.

judging by the silhouette, TK is wearing 996s

the whole trend started in japland

a bunch of select shops, stylists, and magazines have been pushing the higher numbered NBs like crazy over the past few years

i'd say it kinda started with non-streetwear collabos ala foot the coacher new balances

well mita has been pretty fucking pushing nb's for the past 10 years or so. they had that crazy hybrid 1300/999/576 a long while back, i remember i almost copped in 03, but passed and now those are nowhere to be found.

I'm gonna pick some J.Crew 1400s but tell me, superfuture, how does the sizing compare to vans??

For a while 576/577s were big with german skinheads. thats why i bought mine

[weird reason]

^^ Sonic collection rite?

Yes sir

10char

one thing to keep in mind, the sonic collection fits smaller than reg 574's. i'd honestly go up half a size to a full size (i went up full).