• 3 weeks later...

yo herp must got some mutant feet cause mad people size down in both 998s and 990s.  .5 down in  both for most, but tts if u's a skeptic. personally i disagree w/ his assessment.

also the 990s utilize very flexible suede. the material is pretty soft, so it's not like shit will constrict yr feet. i'm a true 42/27cm/9us across the board.  i kopped 8.5s for nb 990s and 998s.

Edited by SSchadenfreude

• 2 weeks later...

yo herp must got some mutant feet cause mad people size down in both 998s and 990s.  .5 down in  both for most, but tts if u's a skeptic. personally i disagree w/ his assessment.

also the 990s utilize very flexible suede. the material is pretty soft, so it's not like shit will constrict yr feet. i'm a true 42/27cm/9us across the board.  i kopped 8.5s for nb 990s and 998s.

oops. i was talking about 997s. i don't own 998s. had to size up on 990s. they run really narrow (it was the burgandy one). 1500uk i'm a 9.5US.

Edited by herpsky

^ Easily are the largest fitting of any of my new balance shoes. Usually a 11.5 or 12 in most nb but all my 990v3's are all 11 2E which is the best fitting and most comfortable shoe I've even had. Despite being heavy as hell.

Ha thanks farmer! This confirm another source who told me the toebox was quite large. Will go down by 0,5 to secure then, as I have a large foot. ;)

Edit: Checked your IG, exactly the cw I'm about to buy ha!

Edited by oreezy

Sizing question:

I am a size 40 in Common Projects, and I am not sure what size to cop in the 990s. I don't have any retailers near me so I can't try them on, unfortunately. 

Can't tell for sure as I don't own any CPs, but in 990 I take my usual Nike / Adidas size, so go for a 40.

How would you size 998 compared to 1500?

998 runs a little big, take -0,5 compared to your 1500 size.

• 2 weeks later...