What raw jeans for hot weather?

lsinner

So this summer I will be going to Vietnam and was thinking on wearing a nice pair of raws there cause i'm sure I will be doing a lot of walking and have some great break in time.

BUT, the thing is. It's ALOT hotter in Vietnam than Cali and my Naked and Famous right now are a bit too heavy for my liking. Can someone suggest me some budget jeans for the hot weather? I was thinking the N&F Silk Denim, Nudies Broken Twills.

Thanks

Edit: I'm not sure if i forgot to submit thread or it got deleted. If it got deleted sorry just delete again

I love SC's sugarcane x cotton mix denim for Summer.

Would love to try out the bamboo x cotton denim Samurai is releasing this year - seems like a great pair of heavier denim for hot days.

This summer I've been wearing LVC 1915s (similar to 1901s - see Paul T's earlier comments) and my 7 yr-old Edwin Waynesvilles, which although about 14oz are very loose and soft. Both are great summer jeans and have been worn almost exclusively with Birkenstocks.

I wore 19oz Samuarai 710's in Barcelona...and it was not an entirely pleasant experience. I will be rotating my 17oz and 21oz all summer this year though.

I'm thinking the weight is not as important as how loosely woven the denim is. My eternals always feel a lot warmer than the heavier samurai's that I own.

pretty sure that has to do with the eternals being a lot more tightly woven. I'm just speculating tho...

So this summer I will be going to Vietnam and was thinking on wearing a nice pair of raws there cause i'm sure I will be doing a lot of walking and have some great break in time.

I'm sure you've done some research, but the summer months are the monsoon. I'd be more interested in finding something that will dry out easily and not rot.

I second Paul T and Maynard F, LVC buckle backs are the right choice for hot weather holidays:cool:

Seconded Stratos (or thirded PT and MF if u like).

- I can recommend the Lvc 1933's, they are lighter weight and have all the whistles and bells that 1901's, 1915's and 1917's have, PLUS belt loops if it's cool and want to tuck in your shirt or go hill walking.

Dr Heech's advice is good, the 33 is definitely a light-feeling jean - it feels cooler than the LVC 201, or the Edwin Lee 40s jeans (I suspect it's lighter weight denim than either) and has the benefit of belt loops. It's also more of a royal blue and slightly paler than many others so perhaps it reflect the heat more!

Personally I think the weight and texture of denim, and also how it hangs, makes a vast difference in hot weather. Even tho I'm in the ROY comp, i'll be putting them away in favor of my 1890s or 1880s LVC when it turns hot. That 10 or 20% variation in weight makes the earlier models feel much cooler.

More info on LVC models (sadly, Japanese makers tend to all focus on heavy denim at the mo): http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=34010

Personally I think the weight and texture of denim, and also how it hangs, makes a vast difference in hot weather. Even tho I'm in the ROY comp, i'll be putting them away in favor of my 1890s or 1880s LVC when it turns hot. That 10 or 20% variation in weight makes the earlier models feel much cooler.

More info on LVC models (sadly, Japanese makers tend to all focus on heavy denim at the mo): http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=34010

I wore my 1890's for the first time this year for a day in the park (sun is out, very nice early Belgian summer :-) ) They are absolutely perfect, cool, relaxed, not too baggy, love'm. I just shrunk a new pair of '37's this evening as well to wear to work tomorrow :-) The '33's Heech mentioned are nice as well but the shank buttons seriously get in the way when you wear a belt and I don't want to remove them...

BUT, the thing is. It's ALOT hotter in Vietnam than Cali and my Naked and Famous right now are a bit too heavy for my liking. Can someone suggest me some budget jeans for the hot weather? I was thinking the N&F Silk Denim, Nudies Broken Twills.

Thanks

Edit: I'm not sure if i forgot to submit thread or it got deleted. If it got deleted sorry just delete again

FORGET IT BRO!

I made the mistake of taking a pair of normal evisu* travelling wore them ONCE for a temple visit in thailand and never again! its too hot man its all about the shorts and flip flops! trust!!

sure you will get some intense fast fades but man it will be a sauna in your pants not to mention MAJOR chaffage!!

superfu.jpg