Buzz Rickson

partytaco

^ I always thought the olive drab ones had a fuller fit, but now looking at the measurements at Vari, the olive ones actually run one size smaller compared to the WG ones (maybe they changed the sizing for the latest batch?)

Check out Vari for measurements, they have a discount on both the regular and WG m-65.

Any one own the BR M-65? I saw that Roland posted a pic on page 6 but no fit pics? Also, I not sure were to purchase state side. My go to guy is Kiya but he doesn't have it and neither does HP.

Eltopo looking good. Btw you know you're responsible for this. We need to stop being friends before we're completely broke and homeless.

Here's one in a large for £640!!!

http://www.peggsandson.com/brands/buzz-rickson/m65-with-patch-br12020.html

do you know how many original M-65's you could buy for that? Geez...

Does anyone have any washing advice for a Buzz sweatshirt? Is it ok machine washed, or should I hand wash in angels tears or something? Thanks in advance guys.

I simply machine wash mine, inside out on a cold setting, hang dry folded over the line (no hooks!)

it's had multiple washes, this works out just fine.

What's the reason for turning it inside out? I dont mind the outside getting worn, but the inside is what I want to stay butter soft.

Yeah like you said, turning it inside out is mainly to prevent the outside from getting that worn in look too rapidly, but if the inside staying all fluffy and soft is your main concern, than it's cool to wash it without turning it.

I'm used to washing all my clothes inside out, so it's something i do without much thought actually.

Mikecch- are you talking about this one: http://en.item.rakuten.com/takeoff-c/i00003285/

Maynard-thanks for you're help. I'm looking for a green one without any patches or designs.

It's this one, marginally cheaper and you get 3600 points on Rakuten (i.e. 3600 yen off your next Rakuten purchase as well):

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/vari/br-jk-br11702/

Vari can communicate in English, which is a plus :)

^ I don't know, but Vari sells the William Gibson edition as well, just browse through their website and have a look at the measurements.

The William Gibson edition is very nice, and has served me well through many a thunderstorm - highly recommended.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the nice comments guys! For those that asked, here is some more detail on the N-3B

Fit revisited:

070351ae.jpg

I wear a 38 in BR, and the slim version is noticeably trimmer in body & sleeves. Just enough room for a thick sweater or fleece underneath.

Label:

0449dd62.jpg

Sleeve pocket, with Crown zip:

f1ac4ecf.jpg

The hood has a warm pile lining, with an adjustment strap on the back. The coat has two drawstrings. One for the hood, and the other - inside - for the waist. Exit points for the drawstrings have leather re-enforcements:

b6910681.jpg

The handwarmer pockets, as well as the main flapped pockets, have a warm wooly lining. The main body zipper is by Crown as well. The ruff is coyote fur:

2adf3b9a.jpg

Specs from the BR catalog:

fd50978f.jpg

Cheers!

out of rep..

great details shots and info on that wonderful coat Riff..

Thanks Davi! It's one of the warmest coats I've ever owned & the details are top-notch.

where did u find the BR catalog

I asked for one back when I picked this up from rakuten. :)

I agree with everything morse said.

It just looks way too tight and awkward, especially in the arms. If you bent down to pick something up, it looks like it would pull up so much on your arms and stomach.

Got a pretty good deal on a B-15B and got a size 38 cause I wear 38 in suits but unfortunately I think it is just a tad bit too small, what do you guys think??

yeah..

personally because i am slim and short, i am a huge fan of having stuff fit tight, and get away wearing very japanese slim fits..

but i think this type of flight jacket just fits you slightly too short in the rise of the and slightly in the sleeve.

i agree with morse9443, and would say you need to try to size up,

and then the Japanese's proportions just might not work out in this particular style..

my best..

For some reason, it depends on the item that Toyo makes.

I'm a relatively large guy and I wear a 42 suit.

I have:

A size L in BR sweatshirts that fits tight but in a good way.

A size 42 Sugarcane Type 3 denim jacket, that is a bit too big.

A size XXL Tailor Toyo Jacket that fits tight in a good way.

A size 42 Whitesville jacket that fits just right.

A size 44 WEP BR jacket that fits just right.

A size 44 BR William Gibson MA-1 that fits too big that I could get away with a 40.

I don't think they have a standard fit, just depends on the original pattern that Toyo bases their repros on.

Probably a hassle, but you need to try on the goods!

Got a pretty good deal on a B-15B and got a size 38 cause I wear 38 in suits but unfortunately I think it is just a tad bit too small, what do you guys think??

Yep, go up to a size 40, maybe even a 42 if you want it a little on the big side (which is never a bad thing IMO when it comes to winter jackets). Regardless of size, expect it to be a little short in the body. Remember, these were originally meant to be worn over a flight suit and a G-suit, not low to mid rise jeans, and Buzz does a good job of sticking to the vintage shape and fit.

i know it sounds odd, but i had a pair of 55s and was wearing an original ma1. The jacket seems short, but for the higher waist style at the time it isnt, and for practicality use, it is not. could you imagine wearing a long jacket in a small plane? it would suck. if youre going for a modern fit, it wont work (and the sleeves are too short :P). great jacket in either case!

• 3 weeks later...