Buzz Rickson

partytaco

Anyone here have the Buzz Rickson Mock Twist chambray? I'm looking to buy one but I've been seeing conflicting measurements. I'd assume I'd get the same size as my standard chambray, but they seem to be cut differently.

i've got one in greyish black. really nice shirt. i remember it being cut a bit wider than my SC chambray.

that jacket is really nice, but i am not sure i could pull off the full "US NAVY" across the back.

i am a 44 too, so no one worry about spot being blown. if it was a 44 i would be entering bid though, and would force myself to work through the USN on the back :-)

that CPO is discussion-worthy i think, i would say that outside of jackets it's my favorite BR piece - it is totally functional as everyone needs a cold-weather flannel that is thick, it's beautiful, the detailing is spot-on, and it's cut really well (unlike the chambray offerings which are pretty boxy).

^^^^ Lol, I love the shirt too much. Probably one the darkest navy's you can find. Just like the BR hat. The fit is the best I've had in a while. The only thing that seems slightly odd to me is that both wrist have a left handed buttoning. Aside from that, the shirt is spot on. A must have. I'll post more pics latr.

dont know if real mccoys is comparable to buzzrickson sweats sizewise.

i am 180 cm and mine in L was a bit snug the first day,but after wearing it for a week now it stretches to a perfect fit,still on the slim side but thats how they were worn in the 40/50s. if its in need for a wash it will be a cold handwash only,dont wanna take any risk.the people at BIG should be able to tell you if its your size or not.

That is a great fit, jstavrin!

I think for the most part, the BR sweats are going to fit loose unless you are particularly short and stocky. I'm wearing my SExBR sweatshirt today and yeah it's a bit boxy on me, but that's how it goes...

I am 6'2". 165lbs and wear a L. A M would have been too short on me as the L is just long enough in the sleeves and body. This thing is so warm I can barely wear it indoors.

If anyone is interested in a BR N-1 khaki/od jacket in size M (fits like sz S), I've one available on supermarket. A really lovely piece, but I guess so are all of their jackets. Like the khaki/od version better than the navy one myself as this doesn't have the US NAVY text on the back.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=171621

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

well the mock twist is 56 cm pit to pit

and the harringbone shirt 57 cm pit to pit. both of em are wahsed but i dont remember if they shrank, if they did than minimal

i think you will neew a xl.

i am a bit confused. they are size 16-16 1/2 wich i think is large. please correct me if i am wrong