Sadly, way too slim

…but otherwise, yeah, like that

Man...I sold my Gibson MA-1 earlier this year because it was the Japanese slim version and just didn't fit me in the shoulders.

So I finally got the money to re-buy the jacket, but this time went for the classic Olive version from TAKE OFF on Rakuten. When it arrived I tried it on and it felt just like my Gibson one. Turns out it's the slim version and they don't accept returns :(

They barely mentioned it anywhere on the page that it was the slim version too. I'm so miffed. 

Can you at least exchange it for another size?  

On 10/24/2019 at 3:30 AM, julian-wolf said:

Has Buzz ever done jeans as part of the William Gibson line? Still on the never-ending search for a good pair of slim–straight black jeans with room up top.

OFF: What don't you like about the SAMURAI S710NBK?

^ Too skinny, too low-rise. Details honestly a little too loud, too, but I could live with that if the fit was good.

I think the number of good blue jeans options out there has made me picky….

16 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

^ Too skinny, too low-rise. Details honestly a little too loud, too, but I could live with that if the fit was good.

I think the number of good blue jeans options out there has made me picky….

I think because most of the brands want that Elvis Presley silhouette from jail house rock when it comes to black denim being slim.  I think I saw Toys McCoy actually used his image from the film once in an ad campaign for one of their black denim offerings.

This is now pulling the thread pretty off-topic, but, carrying on anyhow:

I'd take regular straight happily, if that's what it came down to. I've generally preferred the slimmer '40s and '50s cuts (with say an 8–9" leg opening, if that means anything), but if all of the slim–straight black jeans are, for whatever reason, on the slimmer end and a true straight cut existed, I'd likely be all over it. Most likely option I've found so far is Dawson, but I'm a bit hesitant due to never having seen their (relevant) fits anywhere in the wild.

Well, getting back on topic, somewhat...

I believe this is a Buzz L-2 jacket with some personal patches on it.  Can't tell what season it's from, but it doesn't look like it's from this year's fall collection.

I edited the images as the woman shown is an adult film star, not the male.  Didn't want the convo to go down the drain, literally! :D

InkedEIViofYWwAATlJN_LI (2).jpg

Anyone have first hand experience with Buzz Rickson's A2 Deck Jacket?

image.png.a1775c7ad939d5254faec631183b14d5.png

On 11/2/2019 at 5:27 PM, julian-wolf said:

a true straight cut existed, I'd likely be all over it.

Iron Heart has several 634 models in various flavors of black...

The 634's too slim through the thighs and too low-rise; I ended up giving my pair away after a year or so of trying and failing to make it work. Their 1955 cut works okay for me on paper, but when I've tried it on it also just feels sorta constricting. I don't know what it is, but something about the way they pattern their jeans doesn't work for me. Also not big on their construction / detailing, but the overdyes are nice enough that I'd 100% overlook that if I could make the fit work.

Buzz x Hinoya M-65 

251D72EA-5EEE-4D42-B47B-7A57A7FE82B1.jpeg

6D7988DC-3155-4963-8685-8C6E221497F4.jpeg

98918FF2-6737-4A22-9B57-1A64300FC43F.jpeg

49F60874-370F-438E-A4CC-868C6390E4D8.jpeg

65BD65F7-DCA0-4274-878C-6394EF462F6C.jpeg

E8C2738E-4601-40B6-B1AC-6316D5FEB8AD.jpeg

3FE50D1C-6D07-4A17-9127-652C27469860.jpeg

Too big?  This is an XL from Buzz on me.

99C540A9-BCE8-463A-B11D-35F3CB1B13D4.jpeg

The sleeves are definitely too long but we can’t tell how the chest fits. Shoulders look OK.

3 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

The sleeves are definitely too long but we can’t tell how the chest fits. Shoulders look OK.

I agree, the sleeves are definitely too long and the arms in generally look too wide for how the body fits.  I think a size down would be ideal though may limit what you can wear underneath, though it looks like you're very layered up already with the bigger size.

Picked up a Buzz Rickson sweatshirt in black. Very happy with it so far. It's a nice medium weight—cool enough to wear indoors but layers nicely under a jacket in cold weather. I took some detail shots and figured I'd share here.

DSCF2343-2.jpg

DSCF2344-2.jpg

DSCF2351-2.jpg

DSCF2355-2.jpg

This question is for the Americans here:

Anybody here get questioned if they’re in the Navy, Army, Air Force when wearing Buzz items?  Just a thought. :laugh2:

Edited by mlwdp

23 hours ago, mlwdp said:

Anybody here get questioned if they’re in the Navy, Army, Air Force when wearing Buzz items?  Just a thought. :laugh2:

I work for the federal govt and probably 80% of the people I work with are veterans. I’m super careful not to wear anything with logos or stenciling. That said, I have gotten a few odd looks when wearing an army fatigue shirt. 

Does anyone here have any experience with the buzz service shoes? I noticed that they’re marked E width, and just wondering if they are lasted a bit wider than a traditional D width. Obviously they don’t look as wide as the Munson lasted service boots, though.

On 12/21/2019 at 2:39 PM, mlwdp said:

I don’t own any BR pieces but if I did I wouldn’t wear anything with military stenciling. Really glad to see History Preservation offering non-stenciled items. Personally, I’d feel kinda silly wearing something like that. I have this image in my mind of strangers asking me if I belong to some WW2 re-enactment group 

I’m starting to realize how inconvenient and almost useless the button holes/buttons on Buzz jackets are, mainly deck jackets.  I’ve been seeing on Instagram how some of the Japanese motorcyclists don’t button up their deck jackets.  Perhaps it’s because they’re hard to button to begin with or can be torn easily?

42419403-413C-4981-AF71-16A9513D0D1A.png

Posted (edited)

Buzz is officially making masks now.  Price is 2900 yen.

Item is BR02664

Edited by mlwdp

Posted (edited)

5EA7975B-9BA5-48A4-9053-A0D72AB059F2.jpeg

Edited by mlwdp