Jump to content

Recommended Posts

^^ I've never seen the white one up close, just pics, but likely the same fabric so surely the same feel and quality. My indigo dyed BR workshirt is just about white now! pic on page 17 back in 2012   man, I cannot believe how quickly time flies!

^ mlwdp, I didn't even know they offered printed designs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, lance said:

^^ I've never seen the white one up close, just pics, but likely the same fabric so surely the same feel and quality. My indigo dyed BR workshirt is just about white now! pic on page 17 back in 2012   man, I cannot believe how quickly time flies!

^ mlwdp, I didn't even know they offered printed designs!

Yeah they make a couple styles of them but usually look tacky IMO.  

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/hinoya/item/br28095/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@lance p17 looking good! Do you still have - and wear - the faded BR from 2012?

Edited by MJF9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks MJF9, I do have it and it’s the one I referenced last page. All the wearing and washing have drawn nearly all the indigo from the shirt. I hesitate to post pics because it’s almost boring at this stage. Time to break out the new one!

1144E90A-1C50-48AA-A533-3B05D72EAE71.jpeg

0AC096ED-8563-4C31-8A1A-6FCA1D9C2415.jpeg

020B451E-EB49-48C7-8447-7AE89D265C44.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mlwdp said:

It seems no one really wears the printed design chambray shirts that Buzz does.  Overkill maybe?

I like their war timey and pinup girl designs. I just don't have the balls to wear them, as I would feel like a poser.

Pretty much the same reason I steer clear of any outright military logos or patches. I think they look cool, but I never served etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SmokeStackLightning said:

I like their war timey and pinup girl designs. I just don't have the balls to wear them, as I would feel like a poser.

Pretty much the same reason I steer clear of any outright military logos or patches. I think they look cool, but I never served etc.

Yeah it looks cool but would bring unwanted attention and questioning.

IMG_4606.JPG

IMG_4607.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I agree with all you guys have said. I used to wear my field jacket (which I managed to hold on to) after my hitch was up but that was many moons ago! Come to think of it, I wore my father’s field jacket during college. Thanks for the rep, guys.

Edited by lance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@lance Awesome! Great work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, lance said:

Thanks MJF9, I do have it and it’s the one I referenced last page. All the wearing and washing have drawn nearly all the indigo from the shirt. I hesitate to post pics because it’s almost boring at this stage. Time to break out the new one!

1144E90A-1C50-48AA-A533-3B05D72EAE71.jpeg

0AC096ED-8563-4C31-8A1A-6FCA1D9C2415.jpeg

020B451E-EB49-48C7-8447-7AE89D265C44.jpeg

Do you Hand or machine wash?  Any shrinkage? I spoke History Preservation and he told me he puts his in the cleaners like I do as I'm scared of shrinkage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mlwdp I have a Post chambray jacket that will be going to the dry cleaners for that same reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

mlwdp,I have worn and machine washed it in cold water, no spin, hang to dry, since 2010 yikes!! and have had little to no shrinkage. Hand washing will likely preserve more of the indigo, though. But like you and MJF9 do, better safe than sorry. Maybe I’ll try hand washing the new one when I break it in, good suggestion.

Edited by lance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that's some crazy indigo loss. Has it needed repairs ever?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, lance said:

mlwdp,I have worn and machine washed it in cold water, no spin, since 2010 yikes!! and have had little to no shrinkage. Hand washing will likely preserve more of the indigo, though. But like you and MJF9 do, better safe than sorry. Maybe I’ll try hand washing the new one when I break it in, good suggestion.

Luckily, Buzz shirts are reasonably priced so if they shrink, it's not too hard to replace with another.  That's what has drawn me to the brand overall, their prices.  I can't see myself paying a lot for a chambray.  Buzz quality is just as nice for the fraction of the cost of other brands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, goodrain said:

that's some crazy indigo loss. Has it needed repairs ever?

No it hasn’t, goodrain, this thing is bombproof!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mlwdp said:

Luckily, Buzz shirts are reasonably priced so if they shrink, it's not too hard to replace with another.  That's what has drawn me to the brand overall, their prices.  I can't see myself paying a lot for a chambray.  Buzz quality is just as nice for the fraction of the cost of other brands.

I hot washed and hot dried mine, barely moved at all. I was hoping for more length to shrink and barely got anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also wash and dry mine. No problems whatsoever. I've got my 3-year old indigo one (patching the elbow now/pics soon), a new indigo one, and the natural/white one. I know I'm a lot cheaper than other folks in these parts, but these shirts are hands down the best bang for buck items in my entire wardrobe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lance - wow! That’s very impressive. Are you sure you weren’t using bleach instead of washing liquid?! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha Maynard, no cheatin’, just hard wearin’ and hard washin’!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching Arnold Schwarzenegger run around in the Predator has me rethinking the tropical combat jacket. 

A ton of stores have now picked it up too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fitpic for my Type I Denim Jacket from Buzz Ricksons Lot. 720

1549799263264.jpg

1549799258398.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the white BR white  chambray. Any experience? 

Red above there isn't a lot of shrink in the blue,  white he same?

Never owned BR before, normal JP sizing 1 up from UK size?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me the sizing is true, a medium(size 15-15 1/2) feels likes a medium (21inch p2p, 17.5inch shoulders)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thing is cool. Very comfortable, and alot of little details. Pen slots, drain holes in the pockets, proper tags. Feels smooth, I think I'm going to like this a good bit. 

 

20190305_162813.jpg

20190305_162917.jpg

20190305_163322.jpg

20190305_163327.jpg

20190305_162837.jpg

20190305_164058.jpg

20190305_163906.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@SmokeStackLightning cool jacket!

If you don't mind, what is the sizing on the L?

Edited by MJF9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, that is a cool jacket, SmokeStackLightning; I especially like the slanted top pockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@lance thanks! One of many cool details. 

@MJF9 it is a relaxed fit. I typically wear a XL in any Japanese shirt, sometimes even a 44, and this is still roomy while not being overly baggy. 

I went through Denimio. Super fast. Chest is 22.5 inches, sleeve is 24.5 inches. Back length 28.5 inches, shoulder  (across the front) is 18 inches. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing I don't like about Buzz sizing is on their printed tshirts.  They are sized down even though they are made in USA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mlwdp said:

The only thing I don't like about Buzz sizing is on their printed tshirts.  They are sized down even though they are made in USA. 

They're made in a Japanese owned factory (in the US) and the pattern maker is even Japanese.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the main issue with the Buzz tees in the past was the length - way too short for a western build torso, especially in the bigger sizes...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Luisa via Roma (US)
    Brand - 125 x 125