They use goatskin because that's what A-10 gloves were made out of originally.

not sure what you'd consider a better leather than goatskin. 

Ya, I know why they use that leather, just that I personally do not think it's worth the price.

For gloves, I would consider deerskin, lamb and hairsheep leather better.

Do Buzz Rickson tshirts fit similar to Dubbleworks tshirts?

Just a quick question concerning the old vs ‘new’ Buzz Rickson Loopwheel Sweater: Sizing stayed the same, the new ones just have a longer body (and of course a different material)?

I had the old models in M (which I sold as they were a bit too small) and now have the new model in L, which I feel is too sloppy a fit. It just seems looser all around, despite the larger size and I honestly don't think I'd buy another one.

So you would also advise me to look at the Deluxewear or Two Moon LW sweaters?
I have one of the old BR sweater in L which fits slim but mainly too short for my torso.

Always Deluxeware! I think you'd need XL, I wear L.

I've posted the Deluxeware measurements post stretch in the blunders thread, in case you want to go that route Tillman. FWIW it's a great piece, I love it.

I haven't tried the old BR sweatshirts.

I'm very happy with the new ones. Nice fabric, not flimsy, but not too thick, so that you would be too warm when you wear it.

The length I find also practical: long enough, that it goes over the waistband, but not too long.

I have one Deluxeware sweat, too, in ink black with print. Very nice, too. That one in L is a snug fit. The BR in L fits a bit bigger.

After a year or two of vacillating, I finally grabbed the white chambray from HPA. There don't seem to be any viewable pics in the thread any more, so here are a couple. Great fabric; not at all a bright white (which was always my worry).

59ff6dec97011_IMG_2588copy.thumb.jpg.a6d3c3fd9efc383ce9224c4ab96a9858.jpg59ff6de810137_IMG_2590copy.thumb.jpg.b899c97851120baacfccf4765968bac9.jpg

Anyone have any info on this BRxWG ww2 Jean? What would be the difference from the mainline BR ww2 other than MiUSA? Just bought a pair on the bay for a decent price. 

Sorry, I was just kidding, that's just the standard William Gibson format for Buzz Rickson. Might be the case though...

Anyone own the M-65 jacket with some fit pics and height/weight info they could share?  I'm looking to purchase one but a bit unsure of sizing.  For reference I'm 5'10" and ~180lbs and thinking I would need a L.

Thanks in advance!

On 31.12.2017 at 7:42 PM, dcs said:

Anyone own the M-65 jacket with some fit pics and height/weight info they could share?  I'm looking to purchase one but a bit unsure of sizing.  For reference I'm 5'10" and ~180lbs and thinking I would need a L.

Thanks in advance!

How do you intend to wear it? with a liner? The jacket is quite roomy and you may get away with a medium unless you want to wear many layers underneath. I have a size Medium and I'm 6ft 2 and 165lbs. 39in chest. Fits really nice, just a little short on me (wish they would make tall sizes). The jacket is excellent btw.

1 hour ago, Outdoorsman said:

How do you intend to wear it? with a liner? The jacket is quite roomy and you may get away with a medium unless you want to wear many layers underneath. I have a size Medium and I'm 6ft 2 and 165lbs. 39in chest. Fits really nice, just a little short on me (wish they would make tall sizes). The jacket is excellent btw.

Nope, won't be wearing it with a liner.  I measured my chest and I'm about 41" so if you're 39" and 165lbs I think the L may work ok since I'm a bit larger than you.  With that being said, I don't really want an oversized fit and will only wear a flannel underneath at most.

Looking through History Preservation and a bunch of Rakuten listings is very confusing as everyone's measurements are a bit different!  History Preservation would seem to recommend a M but most of the Rakuten listings look like a L would work based on their measurements. 

Would you mind measuring yours pit-to-pit?  I need ~22.5" pit-to-pit based on another jacket I own and measured so curious to see how yours compares. 

Thanks for the help!

Personal grail of mine, as my grandfather fought in the Korean War. 

IMG_2141.JPG

39 minutes ago, dcs said:

Nope, won't be wearing it with a liner.  I measured my chest and I'm about 41" so if you're 39" and 165lbs I think the L may work ok since I'm a bit larger than you.  With that being said, I don't really want an oversized fit and will only wear a flannel underneath at most.

Looking through History Preservation and a bunch of Rakuten listings is very confusing as everyone's measurements are a bit different!  History Preservation would seem to recommend a M but most of the Rakuten listings look like a L would work based on their measurements. 

Would you mind measuring yours pit-to-pit?  I need ~22.5" pit-to-pit based on another jacket I own and measured so curious to see how yours compares. 

Thanks for the help!

Sure, will post some measurements tomorrow!

@dcs

the P2P of my jacket measured 57cm or 57.5cm when I slightly pulled the fabric. That's about 22.5 in.

Tough call, huh? :blink:

IMG_20180102_174146.jpg

2 hours ago, Outdoorsman said:

@dcs

the P2P of my jacket measured 57cm or 57.5cm when I slightly pulled the fabric. That's about 22.5 in.

Tough call, huh? :blink:

Oh, man... that makes it even more difficult! I feel like maybe I should go with a M because I would rather it be a bit small than too large and oversized! 

If you’re a 39” chest and 165lbs how would you say the M fits? Is it oversized, just right, snug?

Thanks for all the help by the way!

1 hour ago, dcs said:

Oh, man... that makes it even more difficult! I feel like maybe I should go with a M because I would rather it be a bit small than too large and oversized! 

If you’re a 39” chest and 165lbs how would you say the M fits? Is it oversized, just right, snug?

Thanks for all the help by the way!

A pic is worth a thousand words, so here we go ;-)

I think it fits me best with a sweater or heavy flannel. A little loose with just a t-shirt. I wish they made a M-Long because I could use an extra inch or two in sleeve length. But regardless of that, it's really a great timeless jacket that you can dress up or down and works with everything. Plus, Robert DeNiro wore one in Taxi Driver, one of my favorite movies ever made. That's reasons enough for me to own one.

IMG-20170205-WA0006.jpg

1 hour ago, Outdoorsman said:

A pic is worth a thousand words, so here we go ;-)

I think it fits me best with a sweater or heavy flannel. A little loose with just a t-shirt. I wish they made a M-Long because I could use an extra inch or two in sleeve length. But regardless of that, it's really a great timeless jacket that you can dress up or down and works with everything. Plus, Robert DeNiro wore one in Taxi Driver, one of my favorite movies ever made. That's reasons enough for me to own one.

Awesome - thanks for the additional help! I think given how it fits on you, your explanation, and your measurements I think I’ll roll the dice and try a M. I’ve been meaning to lose a little bit of weight anyway and what’s a better excuse than a new jacket and the new year!

16 hours ago, dcs said:

Awesome - thanks for the additional help! I think given how it fits on you, your explanation, and your measurements I think I’ll roll the dice and try a M. I’ve been meaning to lose a little bit of weight anyway and what’s a better excuse than a new jacket and the new year!

No problem :-) Let me know how it works out for you

9 hours ago, Outdoorsman said:

No problem :-) Let me know how it works out for you

Went ahead and ordered a medium from Hinoya. Will keep you posted!

Thanks again :)

Lahaina just became an official retailer of Buzz.

Bought my first Buzz Rickson piece, a watch cap.  At $30 from Donna1991 off of Rakuten, it was too good to pass by.

hi there ~ I would like to know if buzz rickson n1 deck jacket can keep me warm when the temperature is about -5 to 0 degree celsius ?  thanks a lot ~