Buzz Rickson

partytaco

As warm as any good quality wool cap can be. I've never been under-insulated in any of mine. Mind you, if its really cold/wet then a trapper or similar might be better. Of course, if one gets wet it'll still insulate. But, it might not be the best way to treat a $100 cap all the time . 

Thanks. I'll be wearing it under my hardhat while at work, so it shouldn't get too wet. But the temperature on the river can get down pretty low. Last winter we got sent home for a coue days because the wind chill was -30 F. Evidently it got so cold in the bigwigs' offices, they decided it was too cold for us welders, too, haha.

I might go ahead and get one. One just popped up on ebay so I might seize the opportunity to snag one for a discount.

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse...How's sizing on the N-1? I'm eyeing a size medium, wear 38's in Japanese shirts (Flat Head, etc.) and wear size Small in American shirts. Would a M be too loose/long?

Yes, the 38 would be too large on you, i'd say you may even have some room in a size 36.

Just saw your other post; I'm your height, but 5 pounds heavier with a 40" chest. The 34 should be plenty of room for you and the lengths will hit correctly. I may well be moving mine on for aforementioned fit reasons; go ahead an PM me if you're interested.

Hey thanks for the info. How tight is it for you? Do you have any fit pictures? How come you bought the 34 instead of 36?

Agree the N1 (non-demotex) comes up big (for good practical wartime reasons) I'm normally a 44/45 but an XL (42) fits me well in the NI and the Tanker. Advantage of going smaller is arm/shoulder/back fits me better

I did the same thing.   I wear a 44 normally and bought the XXL but it was too big.   Sold it and bought the XL and it fits really nice.

Great pickup, aho!

I put this pair of 1950s Buzz Rickson jeans on the supermarket yesterday. They're brand-new and raw, which is extremely rare for this jean. They're a size too big for me, unfortunately. Link in the signature! 

(and check out my Buzz Rickson Original Spec chinos!)

xZcA2X.jpg

Edited by jstavrin

Hi!

How do you find the sizing for the tanker jackets?

I have a 36.5" chest, 178cm tall, 65kg (maybe). I am thinking about buying an 38 but now aho and kiya twisted my mind :D

:)

Been skimming through this thread this morning and doing some research on the WGxBR MA-1.

Currently trying to decide between a 42L or 44L, definitely going to need the long variant since I'm more torso than legs.

I've found a few shops with the 42L and no stencil, but no dice with the 44L yet.

I'm about 6'3" 220 pounds for reference.

From this thread I've read that they come up a bit big, so the 42L should work.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Been skimming through this thread this morning and doing some research on the WGxBR MA-1.

Currently trying to decide between a 42L or 44L, definitely going to need the long variant since I'm more torso than legs.

I've found a few shops with the 42L and no stencil, but no dice with the 44L yet.

I'm about 6'3" 220 pounds for reference.

From this thread I've read that they come up a bit big, so the 42L should work.

Any help would be much appreciated!

We'll have the 44L (no stencil) next week at all of our stores, we'll also have updated measurements once we receive the new run.

We'll have the 44L (no stencil) next week at all of our stores, we'll also have updated measurements once we receive the new run.

Great, I'll have to hold off and check out those measurements.

Also be on the lookout for me to grab that MF N-1H.  :ph34r:

I think the inner lining is the nylon? I love mine but my only complaint is that one of the buttons has already popped off. I'm looking at the other buttons and another one is ready to go, literally hanging on my a thread. I'm trying to find a place to bring it in to get the buttons sewn back on and reinforced. The buttons aren't sewn on all the way through to the inner lining so I can imagine a tailor is going to have to cut into the jacket, sew the buttons on and then resew the lining?

Great pickup, aho!

I put this pair of 1950s Buzz Rickson jeans on the supermarket yesterday. They're brand-new and raw, which is extremely rare for this jean. They're a size too big for me, unfortunately. Link in the signature! 

(and check out my Buzz Rickson Original Spec chinos!)

xZcA2X.jpg

what's the sizing/fit of these compared to other jeans (e.g. sc47)?  thanks!

That looks great, if you've got some measurements I would really appreciate it.

I'm torn between the 42 and the 44.

Also if you don't mind me asking, where did you pick it up?

ill grab some measurements for you and post them later.  I picked this up from History preservation associates, they just got in all the buzz rickson stuff last week I think. 

24" across pit to pit

22" across the waist right above the waist band

28" bottom of collar to bottom of waist band in the back

approximate measurements done with the jacket lying flat on the ground, take with a grain of salt =)

let me know if you want any other specific measurements. 

Edited by pudaspriest

24" across pit to pit

22" across the waist right above the waist band

28" bottom of collar to bottom of waist band in the back

approximate measurements done with the jacket lying flat on the ground, take with a grain of salt =)

let me know if you want any other specific measurements. 

Fantastic, thanks for those measurements.

I might be a 44L after all.

The measurements look similar to the Iron Heart award jacket size XL I got last year, except with a more roomy shoulder line.

Fantastic, thanks for those measurements.

I might be a 44L after all.

The measurements look similar to the Iron Heart award jacket size XL I got last year, except with a more roomy shoulder line.

no problem, glad to help. I was a little nervous it would be too big but I am glad I went with the 44.The chest is bit roomy but it tapers down quite a bit and I think it would have been too snug around my beer belly, someone trimmer than me would probably be fine. Plenty of room to wear a heavy flannel or sweatshirt underneath the jacket but it doesn't look or feel too big to me at least.