Buzz Rickson

partytaco

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Is it 3x1 or 2x1? Sometimes those lightweight deck pants in denim are 2x1 twill which I find a stubborn fade (thinking TCB Seaman's Trouser here).

10 hours ago, Jared_Lee said:

Is it 3x1 or 2x1? Sometimes those lightweight deck pants in denim are 2x1 twill which I find a stubborn fade (thinking TCB Seaman's Trouser here).

So after checking both Hinoya and Junky and the BR website I’m pretty sure they are 3x1(because otherwise it’s usually mentioned). But honestly I don’t really mind, they will fade in their own time and way. 

On 5/24/2022 at 10:58 AM, Hopethisoneisnttaken said:

Yes I’m aware that’s technically possible but I can’t really trust my eyes to tell the difference. 
you’re most welcome to try though. 

266C6F42-87E8-4A16-A05D-0B4FCE8F8835.jpeg

This is a 2x1 denim in case you hadn't figured it out yet.

Also, the retailer you bought it from will repair or replace that jean for you at no charge due to the defect.

1 hour ago, kiya said:

This is a 2x1 denim in case you hadn't figured it out yet.

Also, the retailer you bought it from will repair or replace that jean for you at no charge due to the defect.

I ordered them via a proxy service from Junky, so not sure about the repair/replace service. However it’s not a big thing for me to personally mend. 

thanks for the input 

Ouch, that's rough. What does it seem like the failure point was? I've seen bar tacks cause issues when they're stitched too densely / with too thick of a thread, but usually that seems to have more of a negative effect on finer fabrics…I'd expect denim to be fine with tacking, more or less

(Yeah, not easy to tell from photos but that looks like a standard 2x1)

• 1 month later...

Two months. Two washes. Not much has changed yet. All in all I’m pretty disappointed about several things in these jeans. First and foremost being the fit. The seat area is very slim and is a lot less comfortable than I expected. It looks like other brands like warehouse and ym factory did the cut a bit different and made this area wider than Buzz did, but that’s only by looking at pictures. The other thing is that I had already re-sewed all three fly buttons and both front pockets tore at the bar tack area (perhaps from the slimness of the seat area?). The fabric however is quite interesting, especially being as light wight as it is, and functions quite well in the 30+ c summer we have here. 

191DDF57-C045-4042-929A-800AB41748EA.jpeg

E12C7999-7341-4743-BDD6-B89EA5ABBC9C.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/20/2022 at 1:41 AM, boilerman said:

I am thinking about buying the Buzz Rickson 1945 chinos, does anyone have a pair of those here? I'm wondering how much they shrink after washing if at all? Cheers

They really don’t shrink much, even not after a hot wash. Anyways a lot less than denim. I’d say mine shrunk maybe 2% and most likely stretched back. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/20/2022 at 12:41 AM, boilerman said:

I am thinking about buying the Buzz Rickson 1945 chinos, does anyone have a pair of those here? I'm wondering how much they shrink after washing if at all? Cheers

I picked up a pair last week. They are lovely. Originally went for the 1942 model but the waist in W33 was too small and the W34 too big.
Haven't washed them yet, but will try to remember to give an update on the shrinkage once I have.

On 7/15/2022 at 4:09 PM, Hopethisoneisnttaken said:

Two months. Two washes. Not much has changed yet. All in all I’m pretty disappointed about several things in these jeans. First and foremost being the fit. The seat area is very slim and is a lot less comfortable than I expected. It looks like other brands like warehouse and ym factory did the cut a bit different and made this area wider than Buzz did, but that’s only by looking at pictures. The other thing is that I had already re-sewed all three fly buttons and both front pockets tore at the bar tack area (perhaps from the slimness of the seat area?). The fabric however is quite interesting, especially being as light wight as it is, and functions quite well in the 30+ c summer we have here. 

191DDF57-C045-4042-929A-800AB41748EA.jpeg

E12C7999-7341-4743-BDD6-B89EA5ABBC9C.jpeg

having tried on the biggest size they make I can concur; these come up slim all round; a pity; I would love a pair... but no dice...

On 9/15/2022 at 9:11 PM, bartlebyyphonics said:

having tried on the biggest size they make I can concur; these come up slim all round; a pity; I would love a pair... but no dice...

So yes, as mentioned before me I too found several different versions that seem to be better. YM factory is indeed one. @woods_Mountain on Instagram also seems very interesting. 

im still on this pair though, I’ll try to “finish” it. At least until I can’t wear it anymore.